PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Room Remodel

Ray Dockrey
04-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I have two sons that are 14 and 10. They were in bunk beds and they had very little room. It is a small room anyway and they were cramped. But they never complained. I came up with this design. It is of my own and I think it turned out okay. The pictures pretty much tell the story. The new window sill was designed to be a shelf also. I was a little concerned about the asthetics of it but it goes with the room quite well. Thanks for looking. I have never posted any of my work because I never thought that it was as good as some of the work I have seen on here. But I am really proud of this and had to share.

Ray Dockrey
04-07-2005, 11:26 AM
More pics.....

Jeff Sudmeier
04-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Ray,

I think it looks great! You are right to be proud. How do the "tenants" like it?

Dan Oelke
04-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Looks like a great room and furniture for a couple of boys. Takes me back to when my brother and I shared a room. I finally got my own room in the basement when I helped dad finish it. (about age 16).

Keep up the great work!

Ray Dockrey
04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
The boys love it. They have place to do homework and spreadout. They can have a friend over and they can feel comfortable and have a little room.

lou sansone
04-07-2005, 12:23 PM
wow ... very nice job... I am sure the kids like it.

lou

David Fried
04-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Really nice. I'm not letting my boys see this thread! They'll want a Game Cube and TV in their room too!

Steve Aiken
04-07-2005, 1:35 PM
Very nice. The shelves are a nice touch.

Steve

Ken Kimbrell
04-07-2005, 1:46 PM
Looks great Ray, you have good reason to take pride in your work.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-07-2005, 2:25 PM
Excellent work Ray! An organized utilization of space but not boring! Excellent!

Jim Becker
04-07-2005, 2:30 PM
That's really great, Ray. The perfect solution! In fact, we really wanted to do something like this for our future kid's room, but the ceiling height is too low in that part of the house. Great job!!

Silas Smith
04-07-2005, 2:53 PM
What's not to be proud of? I am curious about how the top bunk is attached to the wall. It's really going to hurt if you ever have to sell the house.

Ray Dockrey
04-07-2005, 3:07 PM
The top bunk is attached with lag screws. If we do move, we don't plan on taking either bed with us. We did some research before undertaking this and loft beds are very popular. Of course, they don't attach to the wall, but because the house is small it is considered a starter home and we figured that a family with young ones would appreciate the beds. The lower bed could be moved out and put in another room and this would free up even more space. But according to my wife, we ain't never leaving. She likes her small house. Thanks so much to all for the kind words.