PDA

View Full Version : Pin Backs for name tags

Annette Plamondon
07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I have not had good luck with pin backs for name tags. They all seem to be really really cheap and they break or fall apart. I have been getting ours from JDS and before that we got them from New Hermes. Are there other suppliers out there that anyone has used that is happy with? Thanks

Rodne Gold
07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
We use one like this , moulded so it doesn't break , simple to use , thin well plated pin with good spring , super strength slightly foamy double sided tape with a bit of give. NEVER had a failure in many many 1000's of those.

Rodne Gold
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
forgot the attachment... also forgot - they super cheap..

Mike Null
07-10-2012, 1:02 PM
Annette

I have been using JDS for many years without any problem. I use the nickel plated pin with a safety clasp.

Rich Harman
07-10-2012, 1:29 PM
Any hints on where to find the plastic pin backs? I found them on eBay for a ridiculous price and one other place for a really good price but they are out of stock.

Annette Plamondon
07-10-2012, 2:03 PM
Where do you buy pin back like that? From what supplier?

Rodne Gold
07-10-2012, 2:57 PM
I'm in south Africa , so my supplier is unlikely to be of any help , but in my town , there are 2 wholesalers so it shouldn't be a problem to get similar in your part of the world...
We buy a lot from these guys http://www.clipandbadgegroup.com/
Specifically this one
http://www.clipandbadgegroup.com/badge+pins/plastic/38mm+Moulded+Plastic+Badge+Pin+SA+White/default.aspx
100-400 cost 9c US each , 1000+ cost 6c....

the other supplier doesnt have a web presence but is literally across the road from us.

Joe Pelonio
07-10-2012, 8:13 PM
I am happy with the quality and prices at Nametag dot com. For magnets I use magnet4less dot com. These were found after exhaustive searching, trial and error. I always buy 100 or more at a time
for a better discount.

Tony Lenkic
07-11-2012, 8:25 AM
Annette,

Try.........Kennyproducts dot com

mike klein
07-18-2012, 9:50 PM
I have had a few, not very many issues on fasteners with the foam tape coming loose from the badge. Before applying each pinback or any fastener for that matter, I have a small spray bottle with rubbing alcohol in it and just give a small squirt to the back of the badge and wipe it off. Haven't had any problems since doing this.

Mike