PDA

View Full Version : Bosch carving vise

Todd Bin
07-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Anyone have the Trent Bosch pneumatic carving vise? It looks good but you never know until you use it.

Thanks

Todd

Don Geiger
07-10-2012, 7:20 AM
It's wonderful and so is Trent. He's one of the most solid, honest and talented guys you'll ever have the pleasure to deal with or meet.

Don Geiger

Anyone have the Trent Bosch pneumatic carving vise? It looks good but you never know until you use it.

Thanks

Todd

joel nucifore
07-10-2012, 7:24 AM
It is very good .... I do not have the PNEUMATIC but use the standard all the time

Don McClure
07-10-2012, 8:22 AM
I have had the stand one for 2 years also and it has held up well.

Todd Bin
07-10-2012, 8:45 AM
Thanks Guys. It looks good and with your confirming comments -- looks like I will have to get it.

~Todd

Scott Hackler
07-10-2012, 9:17 AM
I watched Trent's demo in St Paul and immediately bought his manual carving vise/chuck holder. I have used it a couple times and really like it. If I did as much carving on my turnings as Trent does, I would want the power vise version. But for the price difference and the less time I use mine.... it works great. 1" post, FYI.

Jerry Rhoads
07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Been using mine for three years now. have the stand attached to a work bench. also use it on the banjo of the Powermatic
Great tool, great guy, his wife and girls are also great, (great family) always pleasant to talk to when they have a booth set up at some of the symposiums.

Bob Bergstrom
07-10-2012, 1:40 PM
For the budget mined or want to try carving group I have seen the use of a trailer receiver and the trailer ball used as a vice. Bolt or clamp the receiver to the bench leaving room to clamp the ball tight. The bolt on most trailer balls is 1 x 8 thread. That fits most chucks.