PDA

View Full Version : Waterslid Decal

Scott Lux
07-09-2012, 6:19 PM
A friend did a bunch of work on my deck and refused to bill me. So he's getting paid in pens with his logo. Can't say I'm a fan of his colors on wood, but he really likes it. I left this one a little proud of the center band. I keep forgetting CA adds diameter.

This one is on plum (branchwood). Comments and critiques always welcomed.

Jim Burr
07-09-2012, 8:39 PM
Cool idea Scott!! Those decals will get you one way or the other...had my own battle....looks like we both won!!

James Combs
07-09-2012, 8:40 PM
Even though the barrels are a little proud I think you can be proud as well, nice job. I have a customer order that is going to require a water slide decal, my first. Hope mine looks half as good.

Bernie Weishapl
07-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Really great looking pen. I can see why he liked it.

Jim Burr
07-09-2012, 10:50 PM
As a note...I copied a decal on Testors decal paper...then I found out there are clear and white backing...a few others too. The decal paper copies well...make sure to seal it with whatever spray you like. The point is to be mindful of the paper color versus the blank color...it can be a pain!!

Scott Lux
07-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Jim, you ae right. My first pair of these I used clear paper. The white background paper works much better with his yellow logo.

Billy Tallant
07-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Great looking pen. Good job on that decal. Easy to see why customer likes that pen!!!