PDA

View Full Version : Coreldraw 5X question

John Johnson 2
07-09-2012, 5:05 PM
Lets say you did a drawing that has run off the side of the page, is there a way to move the drawings plus their associated gridlines simultanously? Alternatively, is there a way to move the page under the drawings?

Mike Null
07-09-2012, 5:06 PM
You can group the drawing and hit "p". That will center the drawing to the page.

John Johnson 2
07-09-2012, 5:08 PM
Ok, but I want all the gridlines to go with it and I need the drawing to be top left corner.

John Johnson 2
07-09-2012, 5:17 PM
Alternatively, how do you select multiple objects across multiple layers simultaneously?

Mike Null
07-09-2012, 5:18 PM
Select the drawing (grouped) and hit L then T.

Shortcuts T=top, C = center, R = right, L = left, B= bottom and P centers drawing to the page.

Don't know the answer to multiple layers.

John Johnson 2
07-09-2012, 5:33 PM
The problem is that the guidelines need to move together with the objects. There doesn't seem to be a way to select objects and guidelines simultaneously.

dave cox
07-09-2012, 5:46 PM
You will need to work out how far you need to shift everything but when you have set the nudge to the distance required tools>options>rulers>nudge, the select each guide line with the shift key held down then nudge them as required. Same will work for objects.

Richard Rumancik
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
You call then gridlines in one place and guidelines in another place . . . I assume you want to move all the guidelines at the same time.

I can't see any way of selecting all the guidelines along with the objects. I think you have to do two steps. Move the objects a set distance (must be a defined value, not by dragging). Then Edit ->select all-> guidelines. Then move the group of guidelines the same displacement as you moved the drawing objects.

Richard Rumancik
07-10-2012, 1:33 PM
Alternatively, how do you select multiple objects across multiple layers simultaneously?

First you have to set CorelDraw to Edit Across Layers. This will allow it to select all entities regardless of the layer they are on. (See jpg). Then just drag a selection window over all the drawing objects. As I noted before, I don't know if it is possible to grab the guidelines at the same time.