PDA

View Full Version : Curly Maple Window Sill

John Michaels
07-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Working on a window sill for my bathroom. Still needs sanding and finish. I used dowels for the joinery.

John Michaels
07-12-2012, 1:52 AM
Here's a picture after a few coats of finish.

Carl Babel
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
That is going to be a beautiful window sill!

Gordon Eyre
07-12-2012, 8:26 PM
Wish I could find some maple like that. We do not have a single board foot of it anywhere in my town. I have been wanting to build a small jewelry box with curly maple and have been unable to find any. No doubt, you have a beautiful window sill.

John T Barker
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Wish I could find some maple like that. We do not have a single board foot of it anywhere in my town. I have been wanting to build a small jewelry box with curly maple and have been unable to find any. No doubt, you have a beautiful window sill.

If you are only looking for enough for a jewelry box then buy it through the mail/internet. A lot of places will mail you a board or two...just make sure they don't send you the crappy stuff with green streaks.

Gordon Eyre
07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
If you are only looking for enough for a jewelry box then buy it through the mail/internet. A lot of places will mail you a board or two...just make sure they don't send you the crappy stuff with green streaks.

I have been waiting until I go to Salt Lake City as I know I can get some there. I prefer to see what I am getting rather than buy from the Internet but do appreciate your suggestion.