PDA

View Full Version : Mop stand/cart

Stephen Tashiro
07-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Is there a product made which is a cart that will hold a mop (upright) and hold a wriinger over (but not attached to) a bucket? I think it would be very convenient.

I've used a typical janitors-yellow-rolling-mop-pail-with-wringer enouigh to see that the whole design is flawed - at least for use in my residence. The bucket doesn't fit in any sink. It it is too heavy to lift conveniently when full. Filling or emptying it requires removing the wringer and, of course, the mop. These are usually wet and you have to find a place to put them temporarily. I can see that people who are able to roll the bucket out their back door, put the wringer and mop on the patio and dump the bucket out in the yard can use the design effectively, but I'm not in that situation. (Plus the wringer is designed to wring industrial sized mops and doesn't work on residential mop heads.)

I would like to have a cart that would hold an ordinary sized bucket. It would hold a wringer (hopefully a wringer for residential sized mops) above the bucket but not attached to it. It would have a holder to hold the mop upright by its handle. I hope such a product exists. If not, I must try building one.

I notice that roller type wringers for laundry are still sold. I wonder if they work for wringing small mops.

ray hampton
07-09-2012, 5:48 PM
yes they will work for small mops but why buy small mops since a big mop cover more floor , I said that they will work , I did not say that they will work good

Bruce Page
07-09-2012, 6:02 PM
We have the yellow rolling pail/wringer, and yes it is flawed for all the reasons you note but I haven't seen anything better for occasional (very occasional) use.
I never fill it up past about halfway, and dump it down the toilet. I dumped it into the bathtub once and LOML was not happy..:rolleyes:

Brian Elfert
07-09-2012, 7:32 PM
They make residential sized string mops? I've always used the sponge style with built-in wringer. Mop buckets aren't particularly easy to use even in commercial situations.

merymop.com sells a small bucket and wringer, but the wringer is pretty cheesy.

phil harold
07-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Mop buckets are particularly easy to use in commercial situations.
Most commercial buildings, have a mop sink, a floor drain with a curb
I liked the old galvanized bucket ones for the house