PDA

View Full Version : software to superimpose possible features on home exterior

Michael Weber
07-08-2012, 7:55 PM
Is there architectural or modeling or photo editing software that allows a particular feature of one house photo (say a front porch) to be copied onto another photograph of a different structure (a house with no front porch) and have it look realistic? I'm assuming one feature needed would be scaling. No photo editing experience here so I'm not even sure if this is possible or if any photo editing software can do it. Ease of use and cost are always factors but willing to spend a bit for the right package. Thanks

Lee Schierer
07-09-2012, 2:01 AM
I don't recall what it was called, but we used to have a program where you could alter a Jpeg photo file of your house to change the siding, roof color, paint color, add decks etc. You could even add a dog in the front yard. Unfortunately, at the moment I can't recall the name and the program is in PA and I'm on Alaska. I'll try to remember to look after the all night flight home tomorrow night and Wednesday. If not, pm me later in the week.

Michael Weber
07-09-2012, 4:09 PM
Thanks Lee, when it's convient the name would be appreciated. Have a good trip home

Lee Schierer
07-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Mike, the software is called Showoff Software (http://www.showoff.com/apps/makeover/default.aspx) My version is at least 10 or 15 years old, so what they have now should be better.

Michael Weber
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you for remembering and helping me out Lee. I appreciate it. I'll take a look at it.