PDA

View Full Version : Congrats DD...........another Cover pic on WOW!

Roger Chandler
07-08-2012, 2:23 PM
Unless someone hit the wrong button..........DD's latest piece "ode to Micheal Mulchinsky" a.k.a "hollow form ala keller" has made the wow cover for today.

Somebody over there must like you David! :D;)

David DeCristoforo
07-08-2012, 2:36 PM
What happened was that one of the admins selected another piece for yesterday's cover but her computer was acting up and the pic did not post. So another of the admins who had already expressed a liking for this one put it up on the cover. So if it was a record book, there would probably be an asterix next to this entry...

PS The guy's name is Steve, not Micheal...

Michelle Rich
07-08-2012, 2:42 PM
Take the win any way you can get it!!! :-) Congrats

Roger Chandler
07-08-2012, 3:37 PM
PS The guy's name is Steve, not Micheal...

OOPS!....Sorry for the mistake on his name...........my bad! :o

David DeCristoforo
07-08-2012, 4:16 PM
"..Sorry...........my bad!..."

Well, actually, you got his last name wrong too! It's Mushinsky. For any who are not WoW members and might wonder about the title, it was prompted by a comment that Steve made recently about dyed pieces vs "brown and round". So this was kind of a "challenge" for me since I seem to have an almost uncontrollable penchant for coloring my turnings. That plus I wanted to take a shot at this form which has been done so well by so many others, none better IMMHO than David Keller. So the piece got two titles!

Roger Chandler
07-08-2012, 4:28 PM
Well...........I guess I should not post "from Memory" and check the spelling on names that I have only seen once! Again, my apologies to Steve Mushinsky and to David...........

What is that old saying ........"no good deed goes unpunished!"

Nice form David............and thanks for posting the source of your inspiration on that piece.....brown and round vs. dyeing and also Doc Keller............still nice that you got the cover on WoW. :)

Steve Schlumpf
07-08-2012, 4:39 PM
Congrats on receiving yet another cover honor! Beautiful work and the recognition is well deserved!

David DeCristoforo
07-08-2012, 5:25 PM
"no good deed goes unpunished!"

No worries Roger. At least you spelled my name right :)

Bernie Weishapl
07-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Congrats DD.

Baxter Smith
07-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Congrats David! Great pieces!