PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought you were safe...

Michelle Rich
07-08-2012, 7:42 AM
Here's Working At Cross Purposes II !!! Yikes! :)

Many folks can't seem to wrap their heads around the WACP I , that I made this one a tad "airier" so that you can see a tad more of the "engineering" behind the scenes. Sapele, 10 inches..hope this helps with your confusion. ( I was confused making it, why not you too??? :D)

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-08-2012, 8:25 AM
Michelle,
You are correct. It is easier to see what is going on. However, it is still only wonderful. I like the fact that I see a daisy when I look at this work. I'm sure that was not your goal but it works for me. You have the mind of an engineer but the soul of an artist. Great combination.
faust

Steve Vaughan
07-08-2012, 8:26 AM
Nope, sorry Michelle, I'm just as confused as I was the first time 'round.:confused: You're gonna have to try again!:D

Steve Schlumpf
07-08-2012, 9:53 AM
Well... that sure adds another element to the mix! No idea how you created this... but I like the mystery! Looking forward to seeing your next variation!

Bernie Weishapl
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I am confused to but I sure do like it. Looking forward to your next adventure or confusion. lol

Jeff Myroup
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I like this one better, but not for the more airy part. I like the dark center compared to the copper. It reminds me of a black hole now.

David DeCristoforo
07-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Outstanding! It is somewhat easier to "read" than the prior one but not quite as "mysterious". More like a "daylight version". Both are excellent pieces.

Robert Henrickson
07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
I also prefer the black center over the copper, though my impression is more a black-eyed susan than black hole.

Michelle Rich
07-09-2012, 7:22 AM
Faust: I always love reading your replies. Thank you for your kindness.

Michelle Rich
07-09-2012, 7:25 AM
NOT! This is the end of the line, Steve! I've confused myself quite enough!!

Tim Rinehart
07-09-2012, 8:20 AM
Michelle, I think this is really cool. If I recall, the layers can't rotate with respect with each other, but it makes me want to see what the effect would be like.

Steve Busey
07-09-2012, 8:29 AM
Pretty amazing work! I imagine one of the trickiest parts is finding the starting point on the second side so that the "elbows" line up with the front. Well done!

Michelle Rich
07-09-2012, 9:03 AM
you nailed one of the issues! Indexing is the hardest part..I use an aftermarket Index wheel by Alisam.