PDA

View Full Version : Painted Rim in Maple...Collaborative work with an artist...

Steve Vaughan
07-07-2012, 5:22 PM
I wanted to give 12 year-old artist Jarrod Barr (in my church) a "canvas" to do whatever he'd like. I really enjoy his work, and he's already done several top shelf jobs around church. He's an up and coming graphiti artist and has already had several articles written up about him, etc. Really neat kiddo.
Anyway, I wanted to give him a wide rim to paint on, and together, we'd enter it into the local county fair and then auction it off at our church picnic to benefit the building fund.
It was an honor for him to paint one of my pieces and I'm hoping we can do this again sometime.

This is a Maple crotch piece, 11" in diameter by 1 3/4" tall. I sealed it with shellac, sanded smooth, given to him to paint, then finished with gloss lacquer and buffed out.

James Roberts
07-07-2012, 5:53 PM
What a great collaboration! Wonderful form with the wide rim and your young friend has done a super job with his painting. Nice bonus to turn the piece over and see more of his artwork on the base. You and Jarrod have combined to produce a very nice work that will certainly do well at your church auction. If he offers to do some more of this type work on future collaborations, by all means take him up on it!

Harry Robinette
07-07-2012, 8:55 PM
Steve
I think I would tell the people at the fair that it will be auctioned at such and such church picnic to help the building fund, You might get some higher bids for the church. Just a thought.

Bernie Weishapl
07-07-2012, 11:15 PM
That is just cool. Great work on both parts. I agree that I would make it known where it will be auctioned. You are likely to have more bidders if more know about it.

Steve Schlumpf
07-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Impressive! Love the bright colors and the overall design that Jarrod created! Best of luck at the county fair as well as the auction! I expect a number of folks will be bidding on this one! Very nice work - both of you!

Michelle Rich
07-08-2012, 6:57 AM
grand collaboration!

Bill Hensley
07-08-2012, 7:27 AM
That is just awesome! Good luck with the auction, I suspect it will do very well. Hope to see more collaboration results in the future.

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-08-2012, 8:28 AM
You chose a very talented young man to collaborate with. At his young age he already shows a particular style. Very nice work by both of you.faust

Greg Just
07-08-2012, 9:20 AM
Very nice job by both of you. I hope it brings great returns for your church.