PDA

View Full Version : Open shop/studio Seattle

Darrell Peart
07-06-2012, 7:56 PM
Hello Everyone,
My wife (Terry) and I are having a open shop/studio on August 18th (2012) from 1 - 6pm
address:
9824 30th Ave SW
Seattle,Wa 98126
My shop is one the ground floor ( 2500 sq ft) and my wife's studio is up above (600 sq ft).
I will have samples of my work on display and might even have some work in progress.
If you are local or in the area - Any and all are welcome.
Stop by and talk woodworking and/or Greene & Greene
I hope to see meet some of you there!

Darrell

Jeff Bartley
07-06-2012, 9:41 PM
Man, I wish I was going to be in Seattle! Thanks for the SMC invite Darrell! I've admired your work and would love to see it in person. Enjoy your open house! Jeff

Darrell Peart
07-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Man, I wish I was going to be in Seattle! Thanks for the SMC invite Darrell! I've admired your work and would love to see it in person. Enjoy your open house! Jeff

Jeff - here is a 360-degree view that my friend Tim Celeski took of my shop 5- years ago when we had an open shop - I've made some improvements since then

Jeff Bartley
07-07-2012, 9:25 AM
oh man, I can't see it!

Darrell Peart
07-07-2012, 9:35 AM
Sorry - I was not aware I could not link to my webiste in a post - go to my profile and from there go to my website and on my homepage (down a bit along the left hand side) find "360-degree images of Darrell's shop"

Jeff - here is a 360-degree view that my friend Tim Celeski took of my shop 5- years ago when we had an open shop - I've made some improvements since then

David Helm
07-10-2012, 8:29 PM
Hey Darrell, Hope to get down there for the open house. Really enjoyed the class at PT

Darrell Peart
07-11-2012, 9:21 PM
Thanks David - I enjoyed the class as well - PT is just a great place
I hope to see you at the open shop.

I have been meaning to email you - where did you get the coffee you were making every morning?
I usually do not drink straight coffee ( latte's usually) - but that was not bad stuff!

David Helm
07-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks David - I enjoyed the class as well - PT is just a great place
I hope to see you at the open shop.

I have been meaning to email you - where did you get the coffee you were making every morning?
I usually do not drink straight coffee ( latte's usually) - but that was not bad stuff!

I buy it at the Bellingham Co-op. It is organic, shade grown. Can't remember the brand name, but the model name is Abyss.

Jim C Bradley
07-14-2012, 12:39 AM
There has been an expression around for at least 87 years (I can remember hearing it when I was a bitty baby.), "Wish you were here."

Well, I wish I could be there.

Guess it is like, "I'll be home for Christmas, but only in my dreams."

I'll be at your shop, but only in my dreams.

Have a wonderful time of it.

Enjoy,

JimB

Damon Stathatos
07-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Darrell - Seattle's a bit of a trek for me so before I accept or decline, you going to be serving anything?

...but seriously, sounds like a great opportunity. Makes me wish I lived in Seattle (sort of). I could go to your open house and then to Beecher's Cheese at Pike's Place. Wishing you all the best and envious of all of the locals who will get to take advantage of your event. I always seem to miss-out on the great hootenannies.

On another note, at one time you were threatening to get yourself a Laguna Driftmaster Fence for your band saw. Did you ever 'pull the trigger'? If not, I see they put it up as an SMC-type special. Check it out (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?189141-Laguna-Tools-Driftmaster-Fence-SMC-Summer-Special!) (I think links like this are allowed). You had asked me if I thought it was worth it or not and to tell you the truth, I don't get much drift on my saw to begin with, but the fence itself is really substantial and worth it to me, as just a regular fence. Before this, I used a plywood brace as a fence, so anything was going to be a big improvement. I single-jumped, from both ends of the scale, and was able to skip everything in between. Not the cheapest fence out there but if I consider all the stuff I was able to skip in between, perhaps, ultimately, a bargain. Just some food-for-thought, in case you were still 'on the fence' over the whole issue.

Here's wishing you and all of the 'lucky ones' the best for your Open House.