PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Wood turners -

Roger Chandler
07-05-2012, 10:14 PM
These are just a couple of toys I would like to compliment my wood turning endeavors..........geez, I think the vortex has a real hold on me! :eek::D:D I think these would go nicely with my lathe, don't you? ;)

http://www.timberking.com/images/b2000_pic.jpgand of course, this...........

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlpVYnk_DEsdqnN2jEwSlu4qyaGJizs 61zwV8YlYo7shnDfuVhuw.......a nice compliment to my ATV and my chainsaws! ;)

Steve Vaughan
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
I have always wanted a sawmill! And it looks like you've selected a good one!

Roger Chandler
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I have always wanted a sawmill! And it looks like you've selected a good one!

You & me both, Steve..........I don't know why the good Lord put such a love for wood and the things we can make from it in me, but ...........I guess it is because I can see all those possibilities that can be made from it.....;)

Harvey M. Taylor
07-06-2012, 2:49 AM
Oh, if I were only 40 years younger. from an 85 year old woodturner.

'I would be unstoppable if I could only get started.
Max

Michelle Rich
07-06-2012, 4:41 AM
:-) :-0 but shouldn't you get the 50hsp??? You might run into a big piece of wood you need to cut for some pen blanks!!!

John Coloccia
07-06-2012, 5:24 AM
Shouldn't you get two, just in case?

Roger Chandler
07-06-2012, 7:38 AM
Shouldn't you get two, just in case?

One of each would suffice! :)

Roger Chandler
07-06-2012, 7:40 AM
:-) :-0 but shouldn't you get the 50hsp??? You might run into a big piece of wood you need to cut for some pen blanks!!!

Not pen blanks I am after Michelle! I think the 38 hp model would do just fine.........a lot of these band mills have from 13hp to 20 hp motors..........I think this one will handle most anything I would ever want to throw at it!

Hayes Rutherford
07-06-2012, 8:51 AM
Roger, the little forwarder towed behind the ATV probably isn't big enough to handle the log shown on your sawmill. You're still not done yet, where's the 1-ton dually flatbed truck, skid-steer with log grapple, and 6,000.00 worth of band saw sharpening equipment?

Peter Blair
07-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Not sure about the color. I guess if you get two the other ones should match your lathe . . . .

Tim Rinehart
07-06-2012, 10:24 AM
+1 on the accessories Roger!! I say "GO FOR IT".

I keep thinking a nice mini-excavator with a thumb control would make a fine all purpose machine to compliment any woodworker. The thumb could be used to help maneuver those bigger logs you have, the blade could be used to spread or reposition the sawdust piles...and the bucket could be used to ... well, dig holes and stuff. I know LOML would love opportunity to move some dirt around, hey, who wouldn't!?

Roger Chandler
07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Roger, the little forwarder towed behind the ATV probably isn't big enough to handle the log shown on your sawmill. You're still not done yet, where's the 1-ton dually flatbed truck, skid-steer with log grapple, and 6,000.00 worth of band saw sharpening equipment?

Hayes........if I had those two things............I might could curb my ambition a little on the larger logs! That was just a pic relaying the equipment.........not necessarily the log on the sawmill!

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh Honey, you will never guess what we just bought!! Honey? Honey? Why are you holding that knife like that?

Bernie Weishapl
07-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Maybe 20 or 25 yrs ago.

Roger Chandler
07-06-2012, 2:26 PM
Oh Honey, you will never guess what we just bought!! Honey? Honey? Why are you holding that knife like that?

Faust!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D!!! Man........I got a good laugh out of that one! I don't think she would kill me...............she might leave me, but not kill me!!!:D:D:D

Seriously......if we had the acreage, and funds were not an issue..........she loves me enough to buy them for me! I would never put our family at risk financially for things like this..........but in the right circumstances, it could make one some money!

Jim Laumann
07-06-2012, 5:21 PM
<Tim_Allen_grunt>
Uh uh uh uh uh uh.....
</Tim_Allen_grunt>