PDA

View Full Version : Need A Good Mini Vac?

Derek Arita
07-05-2012, 1:32 PM
I'm looking for recommendations on a good mini shop vac. I need one with good suction, but one that uses bags or maybe some other system that doesn't require you to clean out the filter, like with most. I hate how the dust flies everywhere when you clean out conventional type wet/dry vac filters. I really like how my Fine and Festool vacs just have a bag that you take out and toss. I have allergies and the dust kills me.

Barry Daniels
07-05-2012, 1:42 PM
I use a cheapo Sears shop vac but with the optional paper bag. Buy one when they go on sale.

David Hawxhurst
07-05-2012, 1:48 PM
smaller than the festool mini or midi?

Victor Robinson
07-05-2012, 2:05 PM
The Fein Turbo I is pretty darn small. You want even smaller?

Derek Arita
07-05-2012, 2:12 PM
Don't know how small those vacs are, but I'd like one that I can just put up on a shelf when I'm done. Also, I didn't want to spend that much on this, since I already have 3 expensive vacs. I did just find that Shop Vac has a 2.5hp All Around that uses bags and has gotten good reviews. For what I have in mind, this might be just fine. Only problem is the cheapo hose. I'm hoping I can find a replacement that's better than the inflexible plastic stock hose.

Victor Robinson
07-05-2012, 2:36 PM
Yeah I have that little 2.5hp Shopvac number I got on a Lowes black Friday sale for $20. Come to think of it, it does take bags, and it's extremely small.

Mike Heidrick
07-05-2012, 3:35 PM
I read need a good mini vacation. Yes I do!

Peter Kuhlman
07-05-2012, 4:27 PM
Your Festool hoses should fit into most any vacuum as you can use the ShopVac and Ridgid hoses with the Festools.