PDA

View Full Version : Laser Mask & business card holder

Cindy Rhoades
07-05-2012, 9:53 AM
These are two completely separate questions but I have a wooden plaque that I need to mask, engrave and colorfill. I do not generally have to colorfill my products so I never use masking. I have the paper mask now can I raster through it so that I can colorfill? Like I said I have never had to use mask so I don't know the proper procedure. Now for question two, I am looking for a nice stainless business card case for a client that she wants the front to open up as opposed to the end opening. I am not having any luck finding a plain stainless holder. Does anyone have a source for stainless card cases?

Steve Clarkson
07-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Cindy, have you seen the Chewbarka ones?

walter hofmann
07-06-2012, 5:10 AM
hi cindy
yes thats how its done you apply the paper mask tape then engrave thru it.
greetings
walt

Joe Pelonio
07-06-2012, 7:55 AM
You will get better results by vector cutting the mask, then remove it from the letters/graphics with tweezers without moving the piece, then raster. Sometimes your raster will not go all the way thru, leaving adhesive residue that interferes
with the color fill adhesion.

Craig Matheny
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Try laserbits for the case

dave cox
07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
You can raster through masking tape (with a 60w Universal add 10% power). If you are using water based paint it pays to use fairly heavy masking tape, enamal via a spray can usually no problem.