PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Tom Hurlebaus
04-06-2005, 8:18 PM
Just wanted to drop a short note to introduce myself and say how much I’ve enjoyed reading through your threads for the past couple of days. Most of my woodworking time involves scrolling, but I have a list of promised projects that recently forced me to attempt a tune-up of my 25+ year Craftsman Contractor table saw (which is how I stumbled on your forum).

I certainly appreciated your discussions on after market Miter Gauges and Table Saw and Table Top maintenance. Must admit that if I would have found your site early, I probably would have seriously considered purchasing a new or used saw (maybe I still will - I think I’ve only (?) invested about $200 in this tune-up so far:).

Thanks again ….looking forward to participating in these forum discussions .. Tom

Richard Wolf
04-06-2005, 8:20 PM
Welcome the the "creek" Tom. Lots of good folks here.

Richard

Ken Fitzgerald
04-06-2005, 8:30 PM
Tom....Welcome to the 'Creek! Wade right in the waters fine. Take and leave information as you deem necessary! P.S. Our PhotoCops (Tyler and Chris Padilla) seem to have been on vacation lately but....a gloat isn't official unless it's accompanied by photos! ;) :rolleyes: :D Again...Welcome!

John Hart
04-06-2005, 9:04 PM
Welcome Tom!

I'm a bit new m'self but this is a very comfortable place. You'll find some pretty impressive scrollers here as well.....Not me, of course, but they're here! And there's hundreds of years of combined experience just waiting to help you with all your questions. This forum is unique and you'll find out why in short order.

Mark Singer
04-06-2005, 9:07 PM
We welcome you to the best woodworking forum ...SMC.....nice people and great drinks...

Rob Russell
04-06-2005, 9:27 PM
Welcome Tom - it's a friendly place with lots of expertise.

JOSEPH GOVEA
04-06-2005, 9:30 PM
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the creek you will enjoy this forum, a bunch of great people here.:)

lou sansone
04-06-2005, 9:33 PM
welcome to the creek. look forward to seeing some of your work

lou

Tom Pritchard
04-06-2005, 9:50 PM
Welcome aboard Tom! This is a great place to learn and get answers to problems you come across. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Mike Cutler
04-06-2005, 9:54 PM
Pleased to meetcha' Tom. I think you'll like it here alot. You'll need a digital camera for the pic's police, but it's all in good fun. Once again, welcome

Lou Morrissette
04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Tom. Lots to learn here in a very friendly atmosphere.

Lou

Roddy Thibault
04-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Great Neighbourhood
very friendly part of town

John Miliunas
04-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Tom. Hey, and you too Roddy!:) Been hangin' around these parts for a while myself now and, although I've checked other WW forums out from time to time, this is THE place to be! Great people, tons of knowledge (both, on AND off topic!) and "respect" is the operative word around here! Well, that and PICTURES... We just LOVE pictures!:) Anyhow, glad you guys stumbled on to our little piece of cyber-space and hope you vist often and stay long!:) :cool:

Corey Hallagan
04-07-2005, 1:06 AM
Welcome to the Creek Tom. Look forward to hearing more from you. Nothing wrong with updating that CMan saw. If it is a good solid saw, with a good motor why not, but it's fun and nothing like new equipment in the shop to rekindle a spark and interest!

Corey

Mark Singer
04-07-2005, 1:13 AM
John is not shy.....just look how many posts he has...what he won't tell you is what a great guy he is! So I will have to do it!...He is a great guy! See we all get along so well:rolleyes: ...he is just one there are many.....John is special though!
Welcome to the Creek, Tom. Hey, and you too Roddy!:) Been hangin' around these parts for a while myself now and, although I've checked other WW forums out from time to time, this is THE place to be! Great people, tons of knowledge (both, on AND off topic!) and "respect" is the operative word around here! Well, that and PICTURES... We just LOVE pictures!:) Anyhow, glad you guys stumbled on to our little piece of cyber-space and hope you vist often and stay long!:) :cool:

Dan Forman
04-07-2005, 3:07 AM
Welcome Tom, I'm a newcomer myself, but very glad I found the site. There is a wealth of info and experience here, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Dan

Ken Salisbury
04-07-2005, 11:11 AM
http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/welcometo.gif

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/swim.gif

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Jason Tuinstra
04-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Good to have you here Tom!