PDA

View Full Version : Unexpectedly Quick Gloat

Bill Lewis
04-06-2005, 6:06 PM
I got home from a rather tiresome day at work and I was hangin' out on the computer. While the wife was out walking the dogs, I heard the UPS truck pull down the drive. Great, maybe the Unisaw mobil base was here, I thought. It's been on B/O and I'm waiting to get it before I assemble the new Unisaw.

Well I finally got through with what I was doing on the computer, and went out to get "the package". Unfortunately it wasn't the mobile base, but it was the free tool deal I got with the purchase of the Unisaw. What's incredible is that I only mailed out the suff on March 21st. I verified this through my online banking because I bought stamps that day to send out the stuff. This is just a couple of days over 2 weeks to get the free tool. Now if the other rebate check, and the mobil base get here soon I'll be really happy,

BTW, I opted for the PC 690 router, the other two 690's were getting lonely.:p

So here's a couple of shots to confirm the gloat ;) Sorry about the fuzziness of the pictures, there was apparently a smudge on the lens..

The first shot is the package, the second is the new 690 joining its friends on the shelf, the third is the reason for the smudged lens.

Ken Kimbrell
04-06-2005, 6:13 PM
Very nice 'Quick Gloat'
That third pix is pretty cool as well... ;)

Jim Dunn
04-06-2005, 6:41 PM
Very nice lineup of 690's there Bill. I really like mine as well. Though It's getting lonesome all by itself.

John Shuk
04-06-2005, 6:56 PM
I'm waiting on that Delta mobile base too. A Delta rep told me they are talking about getting them in May. I'm dyin over here.

Tim Morton
04-06-2005, 7:57 PM
hmmmm...you have 3 690's and i have a used but currently unused delta mobile base...hmmmmmmm. And just this weekend i was going to run down to buy a 690....hmmmmmmm. So you say you can't set up the uni till the mobile base arrives huh?

Richard Wolf
04-06-2005, 8:24 PM
Aren't they great, I really love dogs.

Richard

Bill Lewis
04-06-2005, 8:54 PM
Just a quick bit of history on the 690;s. I bought my first one, oh, must be 10 years ago now. I bought the whole package with all three bases, fixed, plunge, and d-handle. I had a craftsman (see next shelf up) I bought at a yard sale. Not a bad router except for the automatic spontaneously self adjusting collet.

I got lucky later on and found another at an auction. I say lucky, because it had a short cord which is perfect for the D-handle base. I also picked up an ELU (same as a DeWalt 625) and an extra 690 fixed base. I chose to get the new one as my "free tool", because, well why not. Who couldn't use another one. The auction router is older than my first 690, and runs noticeably smoother, go figure.

I now have the ELU in the router table (RT) with the "router raizer" mod, and I have another RT insert with a 690 base.

Tim, buy a unisaw and get a 690 :o then send me your mobil base :D

John, I'm dyin' too. I have to just avoid going to the shop right now. I keep thinking of projects to start then catch myself saying "oh yea, I can't use the saw, yet" :(

Oh, and the dogs, they say hi. Harley is the GS, and Brandy is an Aussie, they're fighting over "the ball" Great dogs!

Greg Mann
04-06-2005, 8:59 PM
Aren't they great, I really love dogs.

Richard

Great opinion for someone with the last name of Wolf, Richard.:D

Jeff Sudmeier
04-07-2005, 8:37 AM
Congrats on the new router! They sure do look nice all sitting there in a row! :)

Keith Christopher
04-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I assume the third pic is your old router ? :)

Nice gloat.