PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Onsrud saw blades?

Roy Turbett
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I was looking for a good blade for my DeWalt MBF radial arm saw and found a new Onsrud saw blade with a 6 degree negative hook on Ebay for $16 shipped. Does anyone have any experience with these blades? The price seems too good to be true.

Erik Loza
07-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Roy, I don't have any experience with the specific blade you mention about but do have quite a bit of experience with their high-speed slot cutting bits and can tell you that Onsrud tooling is about as high quality as they come. Most of their market is CNC tooling (as well as CNC machinery) and they have a very solid track record in the industry. If the blade is a grind you want, I'd go for it.

Best of luck,

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Van Huskey
07-04-2012, 2:43 AM
Onsrud makes excellent blades the prices on eBay have been VERY good, limited selection now, but it is a result of the manufacturer dumping a lot of "old" stock. VERY good deals.

Ryan Wood
07-04-2012, 7:16 AM
I have heard great things about Onsrud. They have been selling great blades on eBay for a lot less than they are worth for about the last year. When they first started they had a great selection but now it seems like they have almost sold all there discontinued blades and there aren't as many for sale as there use to be.

Carl Beckett
07-04-2012, 7:28 AM
I picked up a couple off ebay for my tablesaw, have been great! (one still in the box for future use)

scott spencer
07-04-2012, 7:57 AM
Very nice blades....amazing deals. German precision for discount Chinese prices!

glenn bradley
07-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Not to be confused with Oshlun;), Onsrud cutters have always performed well for me although I do not have their saw blades.

Roy Turbett
07-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered another one.

Bill White
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I wish I had ordered more. Great blades and unreal pricing.
Bill

Mike Manders
07-05-2012, 4:23 PM
I have an 8" Onsrud stacked dado set and a 12" finish blade for the miter saw. Both were stupid cheap from E-bay and have been a pleasure to use.

Matt Day
07-05-2012, 6:57 PM
Thanks to the OP for this thread. I ordered a $20 blade shipped for my RAS. Worth a shot at that price for sure! Thanks again!

Craig Andresen
07-07-2012, 1:48 AM
What does the 6 degree negative hook mean?

I just picked up my first table saw (Craftsman 22124 used) so know nothing about blades. Would one of these 10 inch combo or finish blades serve me well? How do these compare to the Freud diablo blades I see all over Amazon?

Joe Spear
07-07-2012, 7:23 AM
What does the 6 degree negative hook mean?

I just picked up my first table saw (Craftsman 22124 used) so know nothing about blades. Would one of these 10 inch combo or finish blades serve me well? How do these compare to the Freud diablo blades I see all over Amazon?

It means that the cutting edge of the teeth is angled backward from the direction the blade rotates. That is good for radial arm saws and miter saws because it helps keep the wood from kicking back. Table saw blades, on the other hand, normally have a positive rake because that works better on them for various other reasons, which somebody else may explain.

scott spencer
07-07-2012, 7:24 AM
A blade with a negative hook is better suited for a RAS or sliding CMS. Tips for picking saw blades (http://lumberjocks.com/knotscott/blog/12395)