PDA

View Full Version : No joy in Mudville (Illinois)

Jerry Olexa
04-06-2005, 5:13 PM
Mighty Casey has struck out.... Still in shock from the Ill/NC final NCAA game Monday night. North Carolina really had the talent although their coach stresses the TEAM game! Illinois didn't play their A game and made several BIG mistakes. The officiating in the first half was awful! May is an outstanding player and simply couldn't be stopped. Some key Illini didn't step up AND the inbound play mistakes were unbelievable for this level. NC outplayed them and deserved to win. It still was a big and glorious year for Illinois and their coach. Getting to the final four alone is a major accomplishment! A person said recently here "they were 7 points away from a PERFECT season" (1pt loss to OSU and 5 Pt loss To NC, their only 2 losses). Anyway, wait for next year although it looks like 3 of the starters are going to NBA. Hmmm...

Karl Laustrup
04-06-2005, 5:31 PM
While not a very big B-Ball fan, I must say I was pulling for the Illini. GASP! :eek: A cheesehead rooting for a team from Illisnois. What is the world coming too?

It is too bad they couldn't get that National Championship. At least now they know they can get to the "BIG DANCE". :)

Jeff Sudmeier
04-07-2005, 8:29 AM
Karl,

I hear ya! It was very hard to cheer for the Illini :) :) Nah, I wanted to see a team from the Big Ten win!!

Joe Mioux
04-07-2005, 8:36 AM
Jerry, you are absolutely correct with your assessment of Monday night's game.

It is especially painful for U of I alums.