PDA

View Full Version : Today's turn & burn pen

Steve Busey
06-30-2012, 1:00 PM
Saw James Combs' post with his bolt action pens and almost didn't post this, but decided it's different because it heads in a couple different directions.

I used antler, vs wood or acrylic, and laser engraved deer tracks around the barrel - a trick I stole from a Russell Eaton pen from a couple years back. Hard to keep pace with that Russell guy! I included a closeup of the action for those interested. Haven't played with it yet, but will give it a test drive this week.

Jeff Myroup
06-30-2012, 2:59 PM
Very nice Steve!

Jim Burr
06-30-2012, 3:06 PM
Ha!!!! That's a cool idea Steve with a big plus on the antler!! Need more antler? I have some I won't use...not a WTB or WTS...just wondering.

Steve Busey
06-30-2012, 4:45 PM
Ha!!!! That's a cool idea Steve with a big plus on the antler!! Need more antler? I have some I won't use...not a WTB or WTS...just wondering.

Sure, always looking for more antler, Jim! It's not always easy finding a 2"+ straight piece with enough diameter to match the hardware. I keep pinging my hunter buddies for some sheds, but they apparently don't have any "round tuits". :(

Got some pieces you can toss in a flat rate box and I'll pay your postage?

James Combs
06-30-2012, 6:00 PM
Should have thought of using antler myself. Makes a cool looking pen.

Bernie Weishapl
06-30-2012, 6:45 PM
Cool pen Steve. A few of those are on my to-do list.

Billy Tallant
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Very nice job Steve!!! Went by one of my supply stores & stocked up on some kits. Looked at one of these hanging on the shelf. Now I wished I would have picked up a couple of these to play with.