PDA

View Full Version : Condo's adress

Michel Robillard
06-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a customer who will need to identify about 100 doors for condo.
Is there anyone who can share some patterns
I would like to show some nice exemples.
This is pretty new for me so some help will be very appreciate
Thanks a lot

Michel
Trotec Speedy 300 60W
CNC Dimension 200 Gerber

Larry Bratton
06-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Michel,
When doing multi-family units and condos, the type of doors have to be a consideration. I have done 1000's of them and for the most part doors on these type units are steel. These doors don't lend themselves very well to screw on id's. I mostly sell engraved plates that can be mounted with double faced tape. This is assuming they are going on the doors which is common. I don't have any fancy designs to show, as the vast majority of what I have done in the past were actually pretty basic.

Joe Pelonio
06-30-2012, 8:21 PM
You should really create your own examples so that when they select one, you are sure to be able to make them.

I too have done 1000s but most were printed on vinyl and applied to laser cut 1/8" black acrylic, mounted with 3M VHB foam tape. Engraved on Rowmark material would be considered too utilitarian/tacky. The upscale versions still had a printed pattern but then with laser cut individual letters, made from Rowmark ADA material in a color that contrasts with but also compliments the background. In some cases I have used laser cut patterned Wilsonart type 1/16" laminate mounted onto 1/8" acrylic with the ADA material letters, similar to the school door signs below but smaller and without the braille.235669