PDA

View Full Version : One Knot

Tim Chase
06-30-2012, 5:05 AM
Nothing really new here! Just another practice piece. I know it looks like alot of other hollow forms. It likey was inspired by Andy DiPietro or at least its very simillar to many of his. It does have a much sharper curve in the lower half. I may decide to shorten it to make the base just a tad larger diameter currently 7/8" slightly tippy. I left about 3/4" at the base un hollowed so I could get it to about 1 1/8" D I know it needs a finial but wanted to get it posted so I recycled my stubby one and will likely make a taller permenant one. 9"H x 5"D opening is 1 1/8" aprox 1/4" thick walls. 2 coats of WOP235624235625235626

Jim Burr
06-30-2012, 9:57 AM
Cool piece of wood Tim!!! It's the angle of the photo no doubt, but it looks like a flair at the foot maybe? I like the finish, except in this case, a little more gloss may look nice. Well done over all!

David DeCristoforo
06-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Nicely done. As you have already mentioned, this form might benefit from a bit fuller lower bout. You mentioned Andy DiPietro and I too have studied his hollow forms. He is a master of that sweet curve into the base. It's not east to get that "just right". Your form is excellent from about the center up to the nice flair at the rim. The final is almost a distraction...

Kathy Marshall
06-30-2012, 4:11 PM
Very nice Tim! Nice wood and form, but I agree that it might benefit by shortening it up a bit to give a little larger base while allowing you to continue the curve.

Bernie Weishapl
06-30-2012, 5:31 PM
Really nice looking piece Tim. I agree with having a bigger foot.