PDA

View Full Version : What is your excuse now... all mine just went out the window.

Van Huskey
06-29-2012, 2:43 PM
http://vimeo.com/23095780

Aaron Berk
06-29-2012, 2:55 PM
Ummmm, yeah no comment.

Guess next time I whack my thumb I'll praise God that at least I can use my hands......

ray hampton
06-29-2012, 3:03 PM
Aaron only smack his thumb , I smack both thumbs as well as other body parts/ head-knee -and feet, I finally hung my hammer up

Mike Heidrick
06-29-2012, 3:07 PM
He grabbed (is that the correct word) the grinder and I groaned "oh nooo" out loud LOL.

I loved it when he said "Pfft, paintng with you feet is easy!" LOL.

Man, lets wellwish donate up and have Bones get this guy a Portable Planer at least!!

Bill ThompsonNM
06-29-2012, 3:17 PM
That is an attitude towards life to live with. Work with what you've got and be happy building things.

Matt Day
06-29-2012, 3:26 PM
Wow, just wow. Those nails didn't have a chance!

Aaron Berk
06-29-2012, 3:46 PM
That is an attitude towards life to live with. Work with what you've got and be happy building things.

Bravo and Amen! Well said.
We need more of this in the USA

ian maybury
06-29-2012, 4:06 PM
Intellect/following a single or conditioned line of thought leads into ever increasing complexity. What's the way back out?

ian

Van Huskey
06-29-2012, 4:17 PM
He grabbed (is that the correct word) the grinder and I groaned "oh nooo" out loud LOL.

!!

I thought the same thing! I have been hurt more often by a run away grinder than probably eny other shop tool, except maybe a hammer and HE has no problems with either. My wife was watching it a few minutes ago talking about my excuses BUT then when he turned to gardening I go to flip the script on here!!! :D

Van Huskey
06-29-2012, 4:22 PM

Lets see to build that stool I would need my planer, jointer, bandsaw, tablesaw and probably my drum sander, and a plethora of handtools. Sad in a way.

Troy Turner
06-29-2012, 4:27 PM
Uh......WOW! And here I am complaining it's too hot in the shop to be working. Guess I know where I'll be when I get home today.

Mike OMelia
06-29-2012, 4:45 PM
That is amazing. I could not stop thinking I was looking at hands when the pictures were close up. I alo winced several times when he was hammering thinking he was gonna miss and hit a toe. All very sureal.

Thanks for posting.

Mike

Jeff Monson
06-29-2012, 5:05 PM
Thats pretty cool. He has more talent with his feet and simple tools, than I have with my hands and a shop full of power tools.

Mike Heidrick
06-29-2012, 5:10 PM
He needs a DomiToe so he can get rid of the nails. All wood joinery.

John Hays
06-29-2012, 5:54 PM
He's obviously over thinking this whole thing, I mean it's way easier to use your hands instead of your feet. Work smarter, not harder! ... oh... wait... :p

But seriously, it's people like this that makes one feel superficial and petty about almost every aspect of their lives... or at least it should. Honestly, I really can't fathom having a disability like his, much less turning it into an advantage by adapting and overcoming even the simplest physical challenge.

Thanks for posting that, Van... what an inspiration! :)

Mike Heidrick
06-29-2012, 6:11 PM
Yeah this guy gets woodworker of the year in my book!

johnny means
06-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Well, err, umm, my excuse is... that pesky rule we have about work boots in the shop. Yeah, that's the ticket, I could do some pretty amazing things to if I were aloud to use my feet too.:D

I thought this guy was pretty awesome http://www.inspirationalarcher.com/.

But, Sentayehu, leaves me scratching my head.

Rod Sheridan
06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Lets see to build that stool I would need my planer, jointer, bandsaw, tablesaw and probably my drum sander, and a plethora of handtools. Sad in a way.

And it still wouldn't be toe nailed............Rod

Van Huskey
06-29-2012, 11:02 PM
and it still wouldn't be toe nailed............rod

:d funny! :d

frank shic
06-30-2012, 10:56 AM
very inspiring. thanks for the share!

Richard Dragin
06-30-2012, 11:28 AM
He's the Ethiopian Sam Maloof!

Keith Hankins
06-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Yea he's making a living and we got folks here bitching expecting someone else to buy their birth control. Two thumbs up!!

johnny means
06-30-2012, 3:05 PM
Yea he's making a living and we got folks here bitching expecting someone else to buy their birth control. Two thumbs up!!

Please keep your politics out of this. It was a very uplifting thread about yhe power of drive and creativity. Lets not make it about small gov vs big gov blah blah blah.

Harold Burrell
06-30-2012, 7:03 PM
WOW...that's really all I can say...

Richard Dragin
06-30-2012, 8:05 PM

I doubt he would give your post "two thumbs up".

Rod Sheridan
06-30-2012, 9:15 PM
Van, what an amazing man, great video...............Rod

Rick Fisher
07-01-2012, 2:36 AM
I would buy one of his chairs .. Greatness comes in all forms ..

William Burgess
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
That was a great video. He should setup a website, I would buy one of his stools in a heartbeat.

Keith Hankins
07-01-2012, 1:01 PM
The statemt was meant to point out those who do and don't expect from other and some who have so much complain about so little. Politics asside it is uplifting, and I stand by my statement.

Richard Dragin
07-01-2012, 1:21 PM
Politics asside

Freudian slip sums it up.

Bill White
07-01-2012, 2:59 PM
And I just couldn't wait 'till I could buy a better bandsaw. I'm ashamed.
Bill

Van Huskey
07-01-2012, 5:29 PM
The statemt was meant to point out those who do and don't expect from other and some who have so much complain about so little. Politics asside it is uplifting, and I stand by my statement.

Your general sentiment is fine to express, however, it made a specific reference to a political issue, which is devisive currently, that is specifically NOT allowed on SMC.

RE: the stools, I would also buy one, I would be proud to have it sitting next to a "real" Maloof rocker were I fortunate enough to own both. I wonder what he could accomplish if he had arms and anyone one of our shops...