PDA

View Full Version : JDS Industries warehouse

Joel Matteson
06-28-2012, 8:19 PM
I just realized I'm not all that far from the Baltimore/D.C. JDS Inudstries warehouse. Does anyone know if you can go into these to shop for and/or pick up orders or is it just a shipping warehouse?

Thanks!
Joel M

Larry Bratton
06-28-2012, 8:40 PM
I just realized I'm not all that far from the Baltimore/D.C. JDS Inudstries warehouse. Does anyone know if you can go into these to shop for and/or pick up orders or is it just a shipping warehouse?

Thanks!
Joel M

Joel,
I used to live in the Charlotte NC area and JDS had a warehouse there. What I used to do was call in my orders through the regular order placement process and specify that warehouse. I could run up there, it would be ready and I was out of there in minutes. If you are a JDS customer, you can go to their website and look at the inventory at every warehouse they have. I don't live there anymore and get my orders from another warehouse via UPS.

Mike Null
06-28-2012, 10:25 PM
I usually pick up my orders from the St. Louis Warehouse. Just call ahead and they'll have them ready for you.

Rudy Ress
06-29-2012, 8:56 AM
Joel,
If you order on-line, in the comments section just state to hold for customer pick-up and the date/time. Sure saves on shipping costs.

nancy barry
06-29-2012, 1:19 PM
I usually call in my order , tell that I will pick it up. I have called at 8 am and picked up after 1 pm same day... Make sure you have the address. The warehouse is not on Patx. Prky, rather in the buildings behind. I did take a scenic tour one day as google maps would not co-operate ... hth, nancyBe!

Ross Moshinsky
06-29-2012, 4:40 PM
We go to JDS very regularly (3-5 times a week). Place the order online (best online "shopping cart" out of any of the suppliers) and the order will typically be ready in 30 minutes as long as it isn't a bunch of 1's and 2's or some huge order.

As for shopping, they have some items displayed at ours (I imagine every warehouse is slightly different). If you want to look at an item before buying it, you can do that and if you don't like it, simply tell them to put it back. You're not really supposed to do this for 10 items but they understand you can't buy items without seeing it first all the time. You shouldn't pay any restocking fees as long as you don't pick up the item. You can also buy from JDS using a sample account and get case pricing if you want to fill a show room or get a sample for a customer.

Joel Matteson
06-29-2012, 6:44 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to know I can likely swing by there after work and not pay shipping every time. I'll certainly look into it for our next order!

JM