PDA

View Full Version : Glasser mini tools

Mauricio Ulloa
06-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I recently received my complete set of the Mini Glaser Tools. I admired the tools for a while and immediate went to my lathe to start using them. They are wonderful tools not only for detailed work, but also for bigger projects. I got really impressed with the set. The tools didn't require any honing when I got them, and it has been really hard for me to take the extra step to grind them to my personal preferences. I honestly haven't done so because I'm still admiring my set with lots of satisfaction.

I like the precision and the quality of the parts. The mechanism to hold the gouges in the handle is quick, easy to change parts and strong. The weight balance is almost perfect in my opinion. I'll try to continue posting more as I use them more and more, but so far I can only give these little big tools 5 stars!

Thanks a lot to Paulo, owner of Glasser Hitec tools, and his team. I had to wail a little bit more to have my tools delivered to Costa Rica, where I live. This had nothing to do with US transportation, but with the logistics of having the tools delivered to my studio here. It has been worth the wait!

Best Regards,

Mauricio

Bill Wyko
06-28-2012, 12:24 PM
I have a set of these as well, I use them all the time. The vessel I just took to the AAW symposium with 1900 pieces was done almost entirely with the mini QR's. I'm sure you've already found, there's nothing small about them when it comes to their ability to turn like their big brothers. For turners that do demonstrations in various locations, these are ideal as well. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing what you make with them.

BTW no pics, didn't happen. Lets see some pictures.