PDA

View Full Version : Protocol

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 7:34 AM
So, what is the protocol when you are in a Tractor Supply store, and an cute young lady (employee maybe 20ish?) that is on the third rung of a ladder, back towards you, right in front of where you are standing, says, "Oh, I'm sorry, am I in your way?". "Oh, no, you're okay", you respond. Then she says, "It is hot in here, or is it just me?" :eek: Um, yeah...I bit my tongue and just walked away. I think that was protocol... :rolleyes: If not, it was the SMART thing to do!

Belinda Barfield
06-28-2012, 8:19 AM
I always said you was a smart feller.

curtis rosche
06-28-2012, 11:52 AM
I was gonna say something but I'm assuming that like many others on here you're married... :rolleyes:

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Sorry, yes, Curtis, I am... My wife and I have been together since we were 19. And I'm 43. Had I been 18 again, there would have been an ENTIRELY different protocol! ;) :D Oh, and just because I'm married and about twice her age, doesn't mean I didn't THINK of witty things to retort, but in a fleeting moment of clarity, I thought better of it...:rolleyes:

curtis rosche
06-28-2012, 1:27 PM
At least you have nice people at your tractor supply. The one by me has an older not so nice asian lady whos hard to understand.

Kevin Bourque
06-28-2012, 1:32 PM
What was she wearing? This is important since a ladder is involved.

Bruce Page
06-28-2012, 1:37 PM

Please remember that this is a family forum. :)

Belinda Barfield
06-28-2012, 1:38 PM

Dang, we made it way longer than I expected for this question was asked. :D

Matt Meiser
06-28-2012, 1:47 PM
I'm surprised, maybe a little disappointed, that Curtis didn't ask for the store's location.

Belinda Barfield
06-28-2012, 2:09 PM
I'm surprised, maybe a little disappointed, that Curtis didn't ask for the store's location.

He didn't because he is already on the way to Mike's house, and men don't ask for directions.:p

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 2:16 PM
Kevin, tight jeans and a TSC tee.

Bruce, don't worry, I'm right there with ya, and wouldn't have strayed...

Belinda and anyone else that was "going there", it was three rungs up, not the top of a ladder. Even if it had been the top of the ladder and a skirt was involved, while I'm only human, respectful enough and gentlemanly enough to not have taken advantage of that. I do believe her comment was made innocently. I'm just glad it was me and not a dirty old man that might have taken advantage of her comment, making her feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. Who knows, maybe she's sassy and flirtatious, knew exactly what she was saying. I'll just chose to think it was innocent.

Matt, it really wasn't THAT far from Curtis...yeah, I'm kinda surprised that he didn't ask, myself!

Joe Angrisani
06-28-2012, 3:43 PM
....I'm just glad it was me and not a dirty old man....

Hey, it's your story. You believe whatever you want to believe....

Kevin Bourque
06-28-2012, 4:32 PM
So many farmer's daughter jokes running through my mind....soooo many...

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 5:58 PM
She did mention something about being afraid of heights and her hayloft. Okay, maybe I didn't walk away that quickly, but I DID keep my mouth shut...even if I was probably beet red!

Van Huskey
06-28-2012, 6:28 PM
Just for reference if you kick the bottom of the ladder just right they fall into your arms...

Protocal always dictates that I keep my mouth shut since this is a classic no-win situation.

Myk Rian
06-28-2012, 6:50 PM
Being the Gentleman that I am, I would have offered her my hand to help her down.
;)

curtis rosche
06-28-2012, 7:44 PM
Matt, it really wasn't THAT far from Curtis...yeah, I'm kinda surprised that he didn't ask, myself!

After seeing this harassment, I must ask where is the store :p
,,,, Though i must also input that I do already have a girlfriend, and this one likes my woodturnings, loves metalworking as much as I do, and is the reason I will soon have somebowls with thermal spray, something I am rather sure that no one else has ever done yet,,,

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 7:45 PM
Van, I needed her in my arms like I needed another hole in my head...I'll leave it at that. ;)

And I feel the same way, that is why none of the 1000 things I COULD have said were said.

Myk, I'm at that age where a hand down would have been an "understanding" of her comment... Give me a few years and it will come across as me being couteous, gentlemanly, and helpful. Right now, I'd seem eager, sleezy, disgusting, presumtuous, and icky. Not touching her in ANY way was my best bet. Not OFFERING to touch her was my best bet. Not THINKING of offering to touch her was my best bet. REGARDLESS of whether or no SHE thought that. I'm not, as the song goes "Old enough to know better, but still too young to care". I DO care. I know better to even put myself in the position where I could be implicated in something that would take a LONG drawn out explanation to my wife of what really happened...and I was just trying to be a gentleman, and trying to help, and, and, and... No, no, no...don't need any of that. I'm a happy man. DON'T rock the boat. It doesn't need rockin'. Only a stupid man would rock what doesn't need rockin'...and I ain't that man!

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 7:47 PM
How do you know this young lass doesn't like turners, Curtis?

Just yankin' your chain. Good for you that you know what you've got...

Dave Anderson NH
06-28-2012, 9:00 PM
My wife is enlightened and allows me to LOOK all I want. She did however inform me years ago that anything other than looking would enable me to audition for one of the soprano openings in the Vienna Boy's Choir.

As for marriage, my boss occasionally gets a bit on the wise side when out with his wife. He will introduce Doreen as his "current wife". It still gets a rise out of her after 51 years of marriage.

glenn bradley
06-28-2012, 9:03 PM
in a fleeting moment of clarity, I thought better of it...:rolleyes:

Those moments of clarity can save you a lot of grief, married or not :D.

Bruce Page
06-28-2012, 10:00 PM
As for marriage, my boss occasionally gets a bit on the wise side when out with his wife. He will introduce Doreen as his "current wife". It still gets a rise out of her after 51 years of marriage.

LOL! I wouldn't live to see the sunrise if I ever said that!

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Tell me about it, Bruce!

Mike Cruz
06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Glenn, while I chuckled about the event (and still do) for hours afterwards, I'm tickled that I am laughing about it...not in any way, shape, or form regretting any part of it. There are a million ways that could have gone south... NPI

John Shuk
06-29-2012, 7:32 AM
My wife and my sweetheart....May they never meet!

Myk Rian
06-29-2012, 7:37 AM
He will introduce Doreen as his "current wife". It still gets a rise out of her after 51 years of marriage.
My saying is: We've been married for 44 years, of wonderful, wedded bliss. (With the voice of Eore)