View Full Version : Sierra Pens with a Civil War Theme

Billy Tallant
06-28-2012, 3:07 AM
Finished this batch of pens up this past weekend. Saw these blanks on another wood forum & decided I needed a set of them. Stamps wrapped around brass tube & cast in clear resin. After seeing how he cast these, it makes me want to start casting some on my own to see what type of blanks I can come up with.

Jim Burr
06-28-2012, 7:48 AM
Those aren't easy Billy! Good work on a tough casting!

Tom Winship
06-28-2012, 8:15 AM
Very nice pens, Billy. Surprised they don't melt in the heat up there if it is anything like here.

Steve Schlumpf
06-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Wow - those are different! Kinda like a mini-mural! I would think they would be fast sellers!

Bernie Weishapl
06-28-2012, 4:27 PM
Wow those are cool Billy. I bet they sell quickly.

Donny Lawson
06-28-2012, 7:35 PM
Excellent looking pens and yes, I think they will sell fast. Where did you get the paper or decals for those?

Billy Tallant
06-29-2012, 8:03 PM
Those aren't easy Billy! Good work on a tough casting!

Thanks for the comments Jim!

Very nice pens, Billy. Surprised they don't melt in the heat up there if it is anything like here.

Thanks for the comments Tom! The heat is terrible. I've got 3 fans blowing on me & sweat running into my safety goggles so bad I can hardly see...

Wow - those are different! Kinda like a mini-mural! I would think they would be fast sellers!

Thanks for the comments Steve! I'm hoping these do sell fast...

Wow those are cool Billy. I bet they sell quickly.

Thanks for the comments Bernie!

Excellent looking pens and yes, I think they will sell fast. Where did you get the paper or decals for those?

Thanks for the comments Donny! These are actually postage stamps. I got the blanks from another user on here who is selling blanks. (SDB777) Check with him, I believe he keeps them in stock on his website.

James Combs
06-29-2012, 8:24 PM
Some great lookers Billy. These(stamps) are something else I have been wanting to try. Appreciate you posting.