PDA

View Full Version : Vector Magic Software Anyone using?

George Beck
06-27-2012, 4:21 PM
Hi

Anyone use Vector Magic Software and if so, what do you think? I am trying to get around all the redrawing of lousy bitmaps folks send me.

Any thoughts are welcome and my
thanks in advance.

George

Douglas J Miller
06-27-2012, 6:22 PM
I use it all the time. It has it's limits, but I've found it beats about any other method I've tried over the years. If you need someone to run a couple of samples for you, let me know. Or, if you ever get up into the north central part of Indiana, stop in and see for yourself. :)

matthew knott
06-27-2012, 6:55 PM
I thinks its great, way better than corel trace and we have X6, easy to use but you get better results if you learn how to use the settings.

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-27-2012, 7:13 PM
I have been pleased with the results of Vector Magic over Corel X3. I have found the Vector Magic results to be consistently better then X3. I haven't installed X6 yet, so I'll probably be comparing the difference in the next week or two.

Jiten Patel
06-28-2012, 8:36 AM
I find vector magic simply as it states - magic! Much better than the illustrator inequivalent. It's not perfect, but it gets very close on most cases and sometimes spot on. Happy to run some files for you so that you can compare.

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-28-2012, 7:01 PM
Here are some samples for you to compare the difference.

The first image is the original Vigilanties insignia. The second image was converted using Corel X3 and the conversion created 37 objects in this image. The third image was converted using Vector Magic and it only created 6 objects. If compare the blue colors, you will see a noticeable difference.

One thing I really like about Vector Magic is it will allow you to make edits during the conversion process so you can improve the image. I made minor edits only to the teeth and knife while converting this graphic. Had I not been able to make those edits, the knife would have looked similar to the X3 conversion.

George Beck
06-29-2012, 8:37 AM
My thanks to everyone. I purchased the software yesterday. One thing I love about our forum is that if something stinks, folks are not shy about saying so. Here is my first use. The first image is the file sent to me and the second is with the auto settings in Vector Magic. Still needs some work but better than I could get with Corel or illustrator.

Thank you

George

Mike Chance in Iowa
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I think you will get lots of good use out of it!

I just installed Corel X6 and am starting to poke around and see what the new features are. Using Outline Trace, I converted the same image as before to see how it looks. I still like Vector Magic's output better.