PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening Service in Denver

Bob Coleman
06-26-2012, 1:48 PM
Can anyone recommend a sharpening service in the Denver area? I've got some planer and jointer blades that need some help.

Thanks in advance!

Van Huskey
06-26-2012, 3:30 PM
Can anyone recommend a sharpening service in the Denver area? I've got some planer and jointer blades that need some help.

Thanks in advance!

If you come up empty in Denver (or maybe even if you find somewhere) consider sending them to Bobby at www.woodworkerstoolworks.com (http://www.woodworkerstoolworks.com) not only does he do an excellent job but he is also a Friend of the Creek.

nick forgey
06-26-2012, 4:01 PM
Tool King has someone who picks up blades and bits. I think they pick up on Thursday and turn them around the following week. I'm not sure who they use but the prices seemed decent to me. If you can't find anything else at least you would not have to ship your items.

Craig Coney
06-26-2012, 6:05 PM
Woodcraft has done a decent job for me on my saw blades. Haven't tried them for jointer & planer blades. I buy new jointer blades from Holbren cheaper than I can have them sharpened, upgrade to a Byrd head in my planer.

John P Clark
06-26-2012, 6:46 PM
Tool zone on the north end of Denver can have anything sharpened, give them a call

Philip Rodriquez
06-26-2012, 10:29 PM
+1 for tool zone. I love those guys.

Bob Coleman
06-28-2012, 5:27 PM
Thanks all for the replies. I had in mind a smaller shop where I could walk in and talk to the owner/sharpener. I may drop by Tool Zone and see what the deal is.