PDA

View Full Version : Way to thin

Jim Burr
06-26-2012, 12:08 PM
It's hard to tell by the photo, but the wall on this pen at the bushing end is 1/32" thick. For a metal sandwich and spalted wood...that wasn't the best idea I've ever had:o...but it held up:D! Gold and black Ti Elegant Beauty from Berea. Wood is two different spalted somethings with a copper inlay and 10 coats of thin CA and polished with Hutts. I really wanted a Jr Gent out of it, but after all was said and done...wasn't going to happen.:( Swap pen for an IAP event, hope they like it and thanks for looking!

Jeff Belany
06-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Beautiful pen. Love those Elegant Beauty's. Which IAP swap are you in? Maybe I missed it. Love pen swaps!!

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Jim Burr
06-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks Jeff! I can't tell you the swap because you might be my partner! Sorry I didn't make a HF...might have been worth something.

Bernie Weishapl
06-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Jim that is a beauty. I really like those kits as they are my best seller.

Billy Tallant
06-28-2012, 3:10 AM
Jim that is one nice looking pen!!! I'm sure whoever receives that one in the swap will definately be very happy!

Bill Wyko
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Jim, that's a real beauty my friend. I still have to get you that box of blanks I have. It just keeps slipping my mind. I'll get on it this week, you'll love the woods I have for you.

Steve Schlumpf
06-28-2012, 4:22 PM
Very classy looking pen Jim! I am sure whoever receives it in the swap will love it! Nice work!