PDA

View Full Version : Leaf shapes

Randy Walker
06-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Hello All
I am making a display for fall. I need some leaf shapes and find that I have only a few. Does anyone have any leaf shapes that they would be willing to share. I don’t care what kind of tree they come from I just want to make what appears to be a pile of leaves.
Randy Walker

Jeff Belany
06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Corel Clip art has a few. But the easiest way is to go to Google Images and search for leaf clip art by species.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Michael Hunter
06-26-2012, 1:26 PM
Or grab some leaves from the garden and scan them!

James Rambo
06-26-2012, 5:40 PM
Randy try going to Epilog laser dot com. scroll down slightly and click on the 'sample club' icon. All the way down on this page is a Autumn leaf plaque to cut and assemble.

Doug Griffith
06-26-2012, 5:42 PM
This brings up a project I helped my niece with. I laser cut leaves from PETG for an art project of hers. It was a functioning hydroponic "sculpture" built from a cloning system I manufacture.

I just traced a bitmap I found online.

Dee Gallo
06-26-2012, 6:32 PM
There is a brush/hose on Coreldraw which has leaves. Open up some of your popups in the brush menu - I can't remember right now exactly where it is, but it's right there on top. You just draw a line and out come leaves! They can be broken apart. If you laser them as they come (in color) they raster as greyscale.

Doug, those are kind of suspicious looking leaves...

Randy Walker
06-28-2012, 9:28 AM
Sorry about not getting back as quickly as I should but the grandbabies ate all of my time. I got some really great stuff from these posts though, so thanks to all who helped. Doug I love the sculpture but I’m with Dee on the suspicious leaves.
Dee I just went through every menu and pop-up I could find but I didn’t see anything with leaves and I only found one brush menu and it only makes squiggly lines of varying width. I must be looking in the wrong places or just missing it. I’ll keep looking though because that sounds like a very helpful tool. What else is in that menu. I have one that has basic shapes, arrows, flow charts, banners, and call outs, and another with polygon shapes and stars.

Randy Walker

Dee Gallo
06-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi Randy,

Here you go:
1. hold down the Freehand tool until you see the flyout, choose the 3rd tool, called Artistic Media
2. Top menu: choose the Sprayer (between the brush and calligraphic tools)
3. Go to the Spraylist File to the right and select the leaves
4. Make a line anywhere and the leaves will appear
5. You can break them apart all the way down to individual lines if you want

cheers, dee

Randy Walker
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
WOW Dee

I could have looked for that for a year and never found it. Thank you so much your are always such a help here at the creek.
There goes my afternoon
Randy Walker

Tom Sieczkarek
06-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks Dee....Always learning quick tips on the forum.

Glen Monaghan
06-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Hmm, my list goes from Footprints straight to Miscellaneous, no leaves :^( It's the downloaded version of X6, perhaps the disc versions have more spraylists...

-Glen