PDA

View Full Version : Potpourie Bowls

Charlie Stein
04-05-2005, 10:53 PM
:) Hi All,
Well the ol man has been at it again,LOL. Here are a few of the last batch that I have turned, They are made out of Maple & Elm,with pewter lids of different designs.Trying to get ready for my first show the 17th of this Mo.
It is a jurryed show so what u think?
Regards
Just Charlie :cool: ;)

Pat Salter
04-05-2005, 11:40 PM
If I was on the jury I would find you guilty of knowing what you are doing, haha. Very nice, they should do well. Good luck!

Jeff Sudmeier
04-06-2005, 8:27 AM
They all look very nice! You should do well.

Jerry Clark
04-06-2005, 9:21 AM
You have been busy, great job and good luck at the show!:)

Michael Pfau
04-07-2005, 7:58 PM
Hi Charlie,
Very nice, can I ask where you order your lids from? I would like to turn a few of those myself.

Charlie Stein
04-07-2005, 9:17 PM
Hi Michael;
No prodlem I got them from Packard Woodworks. The # is 154929 a set of 4 $ 12.95 + shipping. Be forwarned they are not all exsatly the same size so you must make the bowl fit the lid, the last ones I made I made the poening to fit the lid and then made a step for the lid to set down in so it could not move around.Hope this helps, Good Luck.
Just Charlie

Blake McCully
04-08-2005, 9:43 AM
Hi Charlie,
Great stuff. I've looked at the potpourie lids that are out there. They're all around 3" in diameter. I'm looking for something smaller. I used to do a lot of scroll sawing and I seem to remember one of my old suppliers that offered the smaller pewter lids but can't for the life of me remember who it was.

I just checked the Wooden Teddybear site and they don't list anything like that. Do you, or anybody else out there know where I could get the lids about 2 - 2.5" in diameter?

Have a great day.