PDA

View Full Version : Help with total hours/minutes on Epilog Legend MINI 2445

Julee Sallaz
06-25-2012, 9:15 AM
Is there any way to view the total hours/minutes that an engraver has run? We have had an Epilog since 2005 and have not used it very much. We want to sell it but would like to know how many total hours/minutes that the laser has actually fired for advertising purposes. E-mailed Epilog with no luck.

Duane Parcells
06-25-2012, 3:02 PM
Hi Julee
This question came up a few years ago and Epilog said at the time there is no such "timer" built into the software or hardware. The standard for selling a used laser has been to rent or buy a laser power meter to give a idea of how the tube is doing. This is a subjective test but it is the only indicator of the condition of the tube that we have. Mine is in it's 6th year and still runs like new. Others see a fall off in power after a few years.

Duane

Joe Pelonio
06-25-2012, 9:27 PM
No, but even when the new machine advertises 11,000 hours on a tube life they rarely get that so the hours are not
as important as when the tube was last replaced and the condition of the bearings and rails.

Julee Sallaz
06-29-2012, 1:15 PM
Thanks for the info Duane and Joe. I don't think it even has 100 hours on it. Just used it for wood and acrylic. I am having health issues so it needs to be sold to pay for my treatment. Any suggestions on where to advertise it and how much to ask for it?

Mike Null
06-29-2012, 4:25 PM
Julee

You may post an ad in our classified forum. It can't be posted here though nor can any reference to the ad.

The hours used are not of significant importance but the fact that it is 7 years old is a factor. During that time laser prices have fallen like a rock so you can expect substantial depreciation.

Be sure to list your location in the ad.