PDA

View Full Version : Last Weekend's Flooding

Jim Becker
04-05-2005, 6:29 PM
I was just cruising MSNBC.com and clicked on an article about the flooding local to this area this past weekend. (As of this morning, the Delaware river was still above flood stage near here)

The first people interviewed in the article unfortunately included a woodworker...who apparently has lost $50,000 worth of tools. Yikes!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7391915/

Fred Voorhees
04-05-2005, 6:43 PM
I can confirm the flooding situation in our (mine and Jim's) area. I took a drive down to my hometown of Lambertville, NJ (I live about five miles outside of town now in Ringoes) and took a number of pictures of the flooding. Below are just a few samples.

Jerry Olexa
04-05-2005, 7:04 PM
This brings memories of way back in my early 30's when my Dad's place in NE Pa. had water up to 1' of the ceiling when the Susquehana river flooded/overflowed. Our home address was "River Street". I took a week's "vacation" and went up to help he and my Mom clean up. It was a disaster! No electricity etc.They have since added flood control dikes etc. Take care.

Jim Becker
04-05-2005, 7:27 PM
Scranton was flooded pretty bad, Jerry, Pics on the news this morning were...wet.

Jeff Sudmeier
04-06-2005, 8:12 AM
Wow that is some pretty severe flooding. Living near the mississippi we get to see that all too often :(