PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody sell 131 1/2" Resaw King blades?

Wayne Morley
06-23-2012, 10:29 PM
I did a Google search and I can’t find ANYBODY who sells the Resaw King bandsaw blade in this length. I have seen good reviews for this blade and I would like to try it, but it seems nobody sells on that will fit my bandsaw. :mad:

Van Huskey
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I did a Google search and I can’t find ANYBODY who sells the Resaw King bandsaw blade in this length. I have seen good reviews for this blade and I would like to try it, but it seems nobody sells on that will fit my bandsaw. :mad:

Laguna is the ultimate source of the RK, although now Rockler and some Woodcrafts carry them in "sizes" but they come from Laguna. Order any length you need from Laguna, they will weld anything you want.

Bill Bukovec
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I think if you contact Laguna, they will make a blade any length you want.

Wayne Morley
06-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Thank you for your quick replies. I tried the Laguna web site and it would not let me enter 131 1/2 inches into the order form. 130" or 132" are allowed, but not 132.5" :confused:. I guess I will have to call them to place an order.

Van Huskey
06-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Thank you for your quick replies. I tried the Laguna web site and it would not let me enter 131 1/2 inches into the order form. 130" or 132" are allowed, but not 132.5" :confused:. I guess I will have to call them to place an order.

Yep, it is supposed to let you put in the length with "other" but it has never worked. Give 'em a call on Monday.

Keith Hankins
06-23-2012, 11:41 PM
let me guess you have a grizzly 17" bs. Don't sweat it go up or down a half and be done. I love my resaw king! Dont' forget to mention you are a member here and get a big discount! made a huge price difference. Order it direct from Laguna!

Matt Mackinnon
06-24-2012, 8:24 AM
I have a King bandsaw that is 131 1/2" blade lenght. I ordered that size over the phone from Laguna, and they shipped me out the wrong size. (Lucky for me it was too long). I called them back to complain and they gave me a hard time as they insisted it was my fault and I should have to pay to get the defective blades shipped back to them, but eventually did re-ship the correct size blades. As it would cost me over $40 to ship the bladed back to them, they agreed to let me keep the defective blades. I might look into if it's easy to get some place like BC Saw to shorten and re-weld the ones that were significantly too long as a consolation prize for the hassle dealing with Laguna.

John Coloccia
06-24-2012, 8:42 AM
Wasn't there some way to get a massive discount on Resaw Kings at one time through someone on SMC? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere. I'm getting ready to order a couple, hopefully monday morning, so I'd love to track done the cheapest way to get one of these things. I can't believe I'm actually a little excited over a bandsaw blade. I can't wait to get this thing in my shop to see what it can do.

Keith Hankins
06-24-2012, 8:46 AM
Someone told me to call and say I was a SMC member and they will give it to u. I did and it worked. Sweet discount too. Aparently they are a big supporter of us creekers. I have to say it's the best addition to my Griz 17" I ever made. Once I got it set up and tuned, I've never put another blade on.

John Coloccia
06-24-2012, 9:24 AM
Someone told me to call and say I was a SMC member and they will give it to u. I did and it worked. Sweet discount too. Aparently they are a big supporter of us creekers. I have to say it's the best addition to my Griz 17" I ever made. Once I got it set up and tuned, I've never put another blade on.

I think their normal discount is 25% or thereabouts, but I seem to recall someone blowing these things out at $80 each, or something ridiculous like that. I wish I could remember the details. It must have just been a promo or something.

Wayne Morley
06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Yep, it is supposed to let you put in the length with "other" but it has never worked. Give 'em a call on Monday.

Thanks I will call them. It is amazing to me that they haven't fixed the order form. I'm a software developer not a web page designer, but I know I could make it work within an hour or two.

Wayne Morley
06-24-2012, 11:19 AM
let me guess you have a grizzly 17" bs. Don't sweat it go up or down a half and be done. I love my resaw king! Dont' forget to mention you are a member here and get a big discount! made a huge price difference. Order it direct from Laguna!

Yes I do have a 17" Grizzly bandsaw. I was tempted to order a 132" blade, but at over $200, it is an experiment that I decided no to try. Have you done this?

Thanks for the info about the discount, :) I will mention it when I call to place my order on Monday.

Matt Meiser
06-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I think that discount was a 1-time thing. But let us know what you find out!

I have one that came with my Grizzly 17" saw that the previous owner order. I love it.

Mike Heidrick
06-26-2012, 5:48 PM
Matt, Sanders Tools will cut and re-weld that blade for about $7.50 and shipping both ways if you get fed up with them helping you. They are in Peoria IL. They do all my blade resizing.

Van Huskey
06-26-2012, 6:31 PM
Just for reference, shills for sawblade.com, bandsawparts.com and 4-5 more feeder sites are showing up on Woodworking forums over the last couple of weeks, they are always new accounts, respond to bandsaw threads and use links to these sites or their feeders.

The mods got rid of the post...

BTW the uber deep discounts for RKs were them selling off the older stock, they were not variable pitch and it may have been old enough that the tooth composition was the old type, in any event it is long gone.

daniel lane
06-27-2012, 1:14 PM
I think their normal discount is 25% or thereabouts, but I seem to recall someone blowing these things out at $80 each, or something ridiculous like that. I wish I could remember the details. It must have just been a promo or something.

John, that sounds about right. About two(?) years ago bought a 111" 3/4" resaw blade (RK?) from Laguna through the SMC D&D forum and paid <$100 with shipping. IIRC, it was old stock they were welding up for SMC members at a steep discount.

daniel

John Coloccia
06-27-2012, 1:28 PM
John, that sounds about right. About two(?) years ago bought a 111" 3/4" resaw blade (RK?) from Laguna through the SMC D&D forum and paid <$100 with shipping. IIRC, it was old stock they were welding up for SMC members at a steep discount.

daniel

They have another deal going on. I posted it here and in deals and discounts, but it got deleted from here for whatever reason. Check there, I guess.

Keith Hankins
06-27-2012, 1:32 PM
Yep, did it a good while ago. I was using the timberwolfe blades for that purpose before the switch and they were good and I swear by those blades, but for this purpose, invest the money and don't look back. You will not regret it and I have my griz dedicated to resaw. I change the guides and fence out and its a sweet set up. I have a 34" delta 14" for all other cuts. Give them a call !

http://flic.kr/p/bZW73U

Bill Reed Near Boston
09-17-2012, 9:52 PM
I know this is an old post but for those still looking for a 131.5" Resaw King, I just called Laguna and it took them about 5 minutes to update their offering ebay with the right size blade. 15% discount currently.

Bill