PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Air Conditioners???

John Terefenko
06-23-2012, 6:18 PM
I am looking for a quiet window air conditioner in the 8000btu range. I went to Consumers report and it mentioned the Sharp. I bought one and was one of the noisiest ones I have heard. I returned it and got a second in case there was a fluke but the same piece of junk.

Anyone have any suggestions???? Had an old Emerson quiet cool and they were great. But it went bad and got rid of it. Thanks in advance.

Craig Matheny
06-24-2012, 1:04 AM
I am looking for a quiet window air conditioner in the 8000btu range. I went to Consumers report and it mentioned the Sharp. I bought one and was one of the noisiest ones I have heard. I returned it and got a second in case there was a fluke but the same piece of junk.

Anyone have any suggestions???? Had an old Emerson quiet cool and they were great. But it went bad and got rid of it. Thanks in advance. john have you thought of the small split units they cost around 750.00 plus install but 39 db in the house

Eduard Nemirovsky
06-24-2012, 8:48 AM
I am 2nd to ductless mini-split unit. Will cost below $1000, very, I would say VERY quite. Good efficiency.
Ed.

Rich Engelhardt
06-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Any way you can do whole house?
I was amazed how much my electric bill went down when I replaced two 6000 BTU window units with whole house A/C.

I set my thermostat on 76 and leave it there day and night, and it still runs less than half what it used to cost to run the windows units only at night.

John Terefenko
06-25-2012, 5:00 PM
Any way you can do whole house?
I was amazed how much my electric bill went down when I replaced two 6000 BTU window units with whole house A/C.

I set my thermostat on 76 and leave it there day and night, and it still runs less than half what it used to cost to run the windows units only at night.

No way to do whole house. House is very old with plaster walls no attic. It is for my Mom. Split unit is out also. Too much money. Just need a decent window unit. All these units are made in China and they are noisy as heck.