PDA

View Full Version : question on water cooling on twin laser

Tom Schulze
06-23-2012, 3:31 PM
OK, so I'm hooking up the cooling system on the two laser tubes and nowhere does it say whether the tubes should be hooked in series or parallel for the water flow. I have two thoughts. In series the second tube would get warmer water to cool the tube, in parallel you run the risk of more water flowing through one tube versus the other. Please help me decide.

Tom

Rich Harman
06-23-2012, 3:46 PM
The proper solution would have been to get a CW5200. It has dual outputs. I know that is not too helpful.

I do not know what the "correct" solution would be but I would hook them up in series. Better to have one a little warmer than risk one of them getting starved for coolant.

Tom Schulze
06-23-2012, 3:54 PM
That's my initial thought. also, just took out the supplied hoses and there are only three and no Ys. so I assume that they designed it to hook up in series.

I do not know what the "correct" solution would be but I would hook them up in series. Better to have one a little warmer than risk one of them getting starved for coolant.

George M. Perzel
06-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Tom;
I have a CW 5000 with one outlet and run it to a tee at the machine input-same with the return-no probs in one year.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts