PDA

View Full Version : R O Water System

BOB OLINGER
06-22-2012, 4:47 PM
I know this subject has previously been discussed. I will research the archives later but wanted to get my question out asap, hoping for some input. We installed an updated Rainsoft RO system about 4 yrs ago which replaced an outdated Rainsoft RO system. I was hesitant at the time because the performance of the first system was bad - just didn't produce the water as promoted. Now, I'm having the same problem with this system. To make matters worse, the low output now has all but eliminated the ice cube production in our frig do in my opinion to very low presssure, very small water output. I replaced all three filters in March and did it again in May, but still the same problems. The Rainsoft is totally over priced (I think $7-800). I was gullable and bought a bill of goods a second time - dumb on my part. I've been using replacement filters purchased online for like 1/3 of the cost from Rainsoft. I resist paying Rainsoft a service call and them possibly telling me to only use Rainsoft filters (which I can't see any difference from the less expensive, not cheaper quality in my evaluation) in attempt to solve this problem. Does anyone have any recommendations on solving this operational problem(s)? We have hard water (27 on their scale). If we don't use RO water in our Bunn coffee maker, the thing will clog/lime up in a few months. Thanks for any feedback in advance.