PDA

View Full Version : Emmert U6 Gloat

Bill Czygan
06-22-2012, 3:57 PM
Finally!

I have an Emmert U6...

Wanted one for a long time.

Got it with the 4x8 table for $325

Complete with proper mounting hardware and no damage.

Can't believe it.

Bruce Page
06-22-2012, 4:06 PM
Heck of a good deal, congrats!

Welcome to the Creek

Van Huskey
06-22-2012, 5:18 PM
First, welcome to the Creek, took you long enough to post! But it was long enough to know pictures are required to get your:

YOU SUCK! Great find.

Jerry Hillenburg
06-22-2012, 5:48 PM
Bill, you stole it. I wished I had that workbench top.

Can I gloat with you? I purchased 4 Emmerts just like the one in my pictures 20 years ago for $200 each with tables. Over time I sold 3 of them for $650 each for a profit of $1150 PLUS the one I kept. One of my better finds. Best vice ever. i have used it almost daily since the day I bought it.

joe milana
06-22-2012, 8:08 PM
Damn....this whole THREAD sucks!:D

Bill Czygan
06-22-2012, 9:47 PM
The seller didn't know what kind of vise it was. He was just selling tables with and without vises. But as soon as he sent me a photo I knew what it was. After we made the deal he got a bunch of other requests for the bench and vise from others who knew what it was. Now he knows that he under priced it. Benches came out of a voc/tech school. The benches without vises were set up for Emmerts too. Wonder where they went? Shows there are still Emmerts coming out of places and into the marketplace.

Todd Burch
06-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Congrats!!! Welcome to the creek. You suck!

Todd

P.S. I have 3 Emmerts I bought in a single estate sale. Paid $1500 for the whole estate - guy wouldn't sell anything individually. Haven't made the benches yet. I probably got $1500 worth of files and rasps in that deal.

Larry Fox
06-23-2012, 9:58 AM
Nice score, you will love that vise. I have a turtle back and one like yours on my bench and absolutely love them - so versatile.

Jim Matthews
06-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Awesome vise - PITA to walk around. Mine was so heavy it put a camelback bend on my first bench top.
I solved the projection problem by mounting it on the opposite corner from my leg vise.

They call it a leg vise, because that's what it bangs into...

Jim Matthews
06-23-2012, 11:24 AM
The seller didn't know what kind of vise it was. He was just selling tables with and without vises. But as soon as he sent me a photo I knew what it was. After we made the deal he got a bunch of other requests for the bench and vise from others who knew what it was. Now he knows that he under priced it. Benches came out of a voc/tech school. The benches without vises were set up for Emmerts too. Wonder where they went? Shows there are still Emmerts coming out of places and into the marketplace.

I doubt that. There are lots of these still for sale at higher asking prices. People offering big bucks back out when they discover shipping costs for old arn. You got a good deal, and the seller got his price.
Nobody left holding a bag of skittles on this one...

Bill Czygan
06-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Paid for it and got it home. Will tell that tale later. It is even more impressive a vise in person. Twirled and positioned it to see how it operates. Very cool. Had to load with a forklift. Took apart the table and removed the vise for storage at home. Here's a photo after I took apart the bench and removed the vise for storage.

Jeff Duncan
06-29-2012, 2:20 PM
Paid for it and got it home. Will tell that tale later. It is even more impressive a vise in person. Twirled and positioned it to see how it operates. Very cool. Had to load with a forklift. Took apart the table and removed the vise for storage at home. Here's a photo after I took apart the bench and removed the vise for storage.

You mean usage right.....removed the vise for usage??? I sure hope your going to use that vise and not store it on a shelf somewhere. None of my business of course, but those are great vises and should be put to use making stuff. I was lucky enough to get mine for next to nothing....it'll make you happy every time you use it;)

good luck,
JeffD

brian c miller
06-29-2012, 2:23 PM
I got mine (turtle back) mounted to an old Hammer & Schlemmer bench (nive wooden tail vise) all for less than 400, maybe 350... It's served me well.