PDA

View Full Version : General Finishes Enduro-Var for hardwood oak floors

Michael Ginsberg
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Has anybody had experiences with the new Enduro-Var Urethane Varnish on oak hardwood floors?
The quick dry time and no odor is appealing. They suggested applying with a pad finisher and four coats with scuffing in between coats.
Comments appreciated.

Michael W. Clark
06-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I can't comment to your exact application. I did just use some of this on some hard maple face frames. I sprayed it, 3 coats, and I think it went down very well. The first coat was a little rough, but I think that was my fault as I didn't thin it before spraying so I may have had the gun adjusted wrong. The last two coats were thinned with water and I briefly scuffed the finish between coats with a gray synthetic pad. The last coat is so smooth that I don't think I will do anything farther. I did two coats of gloss and last coat of semi-gloss. So far, one of the best finish jobs I've done, but that's not saying much compared to other's work on here.

I did try wiping it when I was doing my sample boards. It dried very fast and left a lot of ridges, but it wasn't thinned either.

Mike