PDA

View Full Version : Solve this one for me...

Donnie Raines
04-05-2005, 12:19 PM
...for my dad actually.

Lets say you have two basketball teams...lets call them A and B. Lets say I pick team A to beat team B by 5 points.Lets say that team A actually beats team B by 5 points. Lets say that the "other" person accepts that beat(that team A will indeed beat team B by 5 points).

What would say the result of this bet should be???... :cool: :D

Michael Ballent
04-05-2005, 12:43 PM
...for my dad actually.

Lets say you have two basketball teams...lets call them A and B. Lets say I pick team A to beat team B by 5 points.Lets say that team A actually beats team B by 5 points. Lets say that the "other" person accepts that beat(that team A will indeed beat team B by 5 points).

What would say the result of this bet should be???... :cool: :D

Loser pays for a nice dinner out :D

Chris Lee
04-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Donnie,

I will try and help you the best I can but it has been a while. My understanding of your bet would put you as the winner since you stated they would win by 5 points and they did. However, I am under the impression that if you bet on a 5 point spread you have to win by more than 5 points in which case you would be the loser.:(

Chris

Donnie Raines
04-05-2005, 3:09 PM
Donnie,

I will try and help you the best I can but it has been a while. My understanding of your bet would put you as the winner since you stated they would win by 5 points and they did. However, I am under the impression that if you bet on a 5 point spread you have to win by more than 5 points in which case you would be the loser.:(

Chris
Thats exactly the issue here: the bet was laid out exactly the way I worded it in the post. He seems to think I said spread...and that is not the case. So we are arguing over our bet.... :D :cool:

Chris Lee
04-05-2005, 3:19 PM
Good luck with that one, whoever is the most stubborn will win this one:D, at least that's the way it is with my dad!

Chris

Jeff Sudmeier
04-05-2005, 3:37 PM
Between a dad and son, just call it a draw and no hard feelings :)

Donnie Raines
04-05-2005, 3:51 PM
It's all in fun. But you need to be persitent in our family. :rolleyes: :cool:

Jerry Olexa
04-05-2005, 7:06 PM
You win but in a family situation, I'd be a little lenient!

Wes Bischel
04-05-2005, 7:45 PM
Sorry Donnie - Dad always wins - or so he keeps telling me! :eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Donnie...take Dad down to a local restaurant, have dinner and a drink if you are so inclined. It was still a fine game!

Jason Roehl
04-05-2005, 10:21 PM
So in reality, the debate is whether it was a <5 point spread (you win) or 5 point spread (he wins). What you describe is a 4 point spread, but is definitely easily misinterpreted, and not the usual lingo, i.e., "spread". You could always pull the age/memory trump card...:D

Kurt Aebi
04-06-2005, 10:55 AM
I always thought that All Ties go to the House!

So, Donnie - were you the "House" or was your dad?

Ties go to the House!

John M. Cioffi
04-06-2005, 12:17 PM
dONNIE,

Here's your answer....
Take DAD out to dinner. You pay for his half & he pays for your half; then have a few laughs!!!
Hope it all works out in fun.
John

Donnie Raines
04-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Boy...I think some of you are getting to serious on me here!!.. :rolleyes:

This entire bet was done in fun...as they always are. Pops was haveing a little fun with me over the bet...stateing that I said 5 point spread when I did not(in other words....in no he lost so he was simply trying to make the best of it...). We make bets on all of the major events...World series, Super Bowl and horse raceing in particular.

Always in fun guys....just a little extra healthy competion.... :D :D