PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to my daughters!

Gordon Eyre
06-21-2012, 3:54 PM
A couple of my daughters gave me Amazon gift cards for fathers day and I decided to put a few dollars with it and buy a LN 4 1/2 bench plane. Without their encouragement I probably would not have spent that much money for a plane. Love you girls and I am sure I will love the plane as well.

Jerry Thompson
06-21-2012, 4:42 PM
Great gift! I have a 4 1/2.I fuzzy all over when I take off wispers of wood and see the grain in all of its beauty.

James Taglienti
06-21-2012, 8:15 PM
Makes me wanna have some kids!

Bill Houghton
06-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Makes me wanna have some kids!

Well...just keep in mind that kids are the most expensive hobby yet, making woodworking pale in comparison.

Granted, a highly worthwhile hobby, and one that'll teach you more things about yourself than you ever thought possible, and more fun and love than there are words for; but expensive.

Curt Putnam
06-22-2012, 5:04 AM
You will love the plane and even though you love your daughters you will inevitably wish that you had had the grandkids first.

Jim Koepke
06-22-2012, 1:26 PM
Maybe I should forward this to my kids.

I am jealous, a good #4-1/2 is still on my wish list. Mine is kind of beat up and has a bit of a thin sole.

jtk

Gordon Eyre
06-22-2012, 4:52 PM
Great gift! I have a 4 1/2.I fuzzy all over when I take off wispers of wood and see the grain in all of its beauty.

Thanks Jerry, I'm sure you are right about the whispers of wood.

Makes me wanna have some kids!. Trust me it would be cheaper to buy the plane. Course then you miss out on all the fun along the way as you raise the kids.

Well...just keep in mind that kids are the most expensive hobby yet, making woodworking pale in comparison.

Granted, a highly worthwhile hobby, and one that'll teach you more things about yourself than you ever thought possible, and more fun and love than there are words for; but expensive.

Amen.

You will love the plane and even though you love your daughters you will inevitably wish that you had had the grandkids first.

With 34 grand kids and twelve great grandkids I am well broken in.

Maybe I should forward this to my kids.

I am jealous, a good #4-1/2 is still on my wish list. Mine is kind of beat up and has a bit of a thin sole.

jtk

The 4 1/2 has been on my wish list for some time now. This just seemed like the right time.

ray hampton
06-22-2012, 5:32 PM
[QUOTE=Gordon Eyre;1945452]

With 34 grand kids and twelve great grandkids I am well broken in.

someone are laying down on the job

Gordon Eyre
06-22-2012, 7:33 PM
Here are all 11 of my kids. If I could get them all to send me an Amazon gift card I could be looking at some serious equipment. :)

http://www.pbase.com/greyflash/image/61452699/original.jpg

Paul McGaha
06-22-2012, 8:31 PM
Congratulations on the new plane Gordon. I'm sure it will be special to you as some of it was paid for by two of your daughters.

Great that you have such a big family.

PHM