PDA

View Full Version : Problem after replacing MPC6515

anthony carroll
06-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I replaced my motion control board and updated the dll files on my computer
I now have one problem when I fire the laser from file or by text button it only fires when the machine is set to manual power setting but not when it is set to control by the keypad of software..
Any clues ?

Rich Harman
06-21-2012, 2:58 PM
I'm not sure what "keypad of software" means. It could be that the duration of firing is so short that you are not seeing it. Using the keypad, set the duration to zero and it should fire for as long as you are holding the "fire" button.

anthony carroll
06-21-2012, 8:24 PM
I have the this setting to 0 and laser power to 100%
When it is on manual I can turn a knob on top the machine and it allowes the laser to fire but when it is on auto it should be controled by the controler the light showes that it is firing but there is no fire

anthony carroll
06-21-2012, 8:28 PM
I have tried this.
When it is on manual power setting the fire indicator light comes on ant the laser fires but when it is set to be controlled by the controller it light comes on but the laser dose not fire

George Carlson
06-21-2012, 9:50 PM
Have you re-downloaded the machine settings from LaserCut?

anthony carroll
06-22-2012, 5:20 AM
I am unsure on what you mean can you describe a little bit more. I have tried using diffrent firmware but still the same problem..

I do appreciate this help

walter hofmann
06-22-2012, 5:41 AM
Hi there
did you set the power in laser cut to 100% too? I am not recommending 100% because the laser usually has a max setting of 95% in the manufacturer settings the max setting for working should not be more then 85% to avoid damaging the laser tube
greetings
walt

anthony carroll
06-22-2012, 6:57 AM
Yes I have tried this with power a 100% still no fire. :(

George Carlson
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Did you do a "Download Cfg" from the Download window of the laser control in LaserCut? The new board needs the configuration information.

anthony carroll
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Did you do a "Download Cfg" from the Download window of the laser control in LaserCut? The new board needs the configuration information.

George you the man :-) back working