PDA

View Full Version : Laser alignment issue (help needed)

Phil Horne
06-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I received my LC1290 yesterday and have been trying to get the thing aligned with no luck... I removed the mirror from the first mirror holder and covered it with tape and these are the results.

It looks like I need to move the whole thing a little to the left, but unfortunately the mount is maxed out in that direction and Im afraid that if I rotate the mirror mount it wont strike the second mirror.

Any ideas as to where to go from here??

Phil

Mark Sipes
06-20-2012, 1:13 PM
will a shim on the mirror mount work to move the beam........make sure the laser it self is in its mount and tight.

Not much help, I know.....

john banks
06-20-2012, 2:02 PM
You could move the laser on its mounts?

Phil Horne
06-20-2012, 2:08 PM
will a shim on the mirror mount work to move the beam........make sure the laser it self is in its mount and tight.

Not much help, I know.....

I dont think shim will work and there is no X/Y movement on the tube itself so centering it that way isnt an option either. And yes the tube is secured and tight.

Phil

Peter Odell
06-20-2012, 2:18 PM
There should be some bolts under the laser mounts that you can move so the tube will move with the mount

Phil Horne
06-20-2012, 2:36 PM
There should be some bolts under the laser mounts that you can move so the tube will move with the mount

Ill take a look and see, but from what i could tell there isnt any.

Rich Harman
06-20-2012, 3:23 PM
The only mirror where it is really important for the beam to hit the center is the last mirror. The first and second - as long as the beam is unimpeded it won't make any difference. In fact it could be argued that the beam hitting off center is a feature. You will be able to rotate the mirror in it's mount to present a "fresh" surface for the beam to bounce off if/when the mirror gets some wear.

George Carlson
06-20-2012, 4:56 PM
I agree with Rick. In fact, the most important thing is that it hits the lens as close to center as posible. BTW, when aligning my machine, I use those small PostIt notes. I stick them in front of the mirror then rub around the PostIt so that the mioor holder leaves an embossed ring on the note. Then after pulsing the laser, I pull the note out and compare the location of the dot with reference to the embossed ring. It's easy to see the alignment. The last step is to drop the lens assembly out of the tube and use a PostIt to make sure the beam is centered on the lens tube.

Rodne Gold
06-20-2012, 5:43 PM
You really have to have the first NON moving mirrors beam hit the 2nd mirror dead centre at both top and bottom of the machine , you can accomplish this by both shimming up the tube and /or adjusting that non moving mirror. Don't mess with the 2nd mirror whilst doing that.

Then ONLY mess with the 2nd mirror (1st moving mirror ) so that the beam then hits the last mirror dead centre at all 4 points on the table top left , top right ,, bottom left and bottom right.

Check the head mirror allows the beam to hit the lens dead centre - which it should if the beam hits the heads mirror dead centre, but check it..

if you have the red dot pointer coincident with the beam , that 1/2 silvered mirror and died after the tube type arrangement , you can align the beam with the red dot pointer and use the dot instead of firing. If the red dot is not actually aligned to the beam , that will not work.

Lots of tutorials and you tube vids about aligning lasers - the principles apply to all makes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwrdH49ARWc - that one looks promising sort of - go near the end for alignment procedure
They only say move the mirrors to the furthest position , but I would check them at all positions.

Phil Horne
08-03-2012, 4:07 PM
Well today is the day finally.. I have not been able to get the darn thing aligned myself (as I mentioned Im pretty mechanically inclined) and oddly enough the friend who I have who has been working on lasers for a living for the last 15+ years ran into the same problems and was not able to get it aligned either... So he is coming back tonight with an arsenal of tools made specifically for aligning lasers and what not and we shall see... So far I have to say that I probably wouldn't order another laser form G.Weiki which sucks for them since I have enough work backed up at this point to pay for the laser I have from them and buy a few more.. I guess its back to the search for a good laser..

Wish us luck!

Larry Robinson
08-03-2012, 7:57 PM
Have you emailed G.Weike with your problem? I have found them to be very helpful most of the time.

Lucy Lee
08-05-2012, 8:59 PM
Hi Phil,
From last time you said you would have a holiday,then each time I talk with you but without answer,if any questions,please ask me directly,we will try all our best to help you,and for the laser alignment,each machnine before we sent to you,all be aloghned,maybe some little change during shipment,but we don't think it is difficult to make .
And we will have new user manual to help

Anyway we fell very sorry for your upset,we will try to help you out
Best Regards
Lucy Lee
G.WEIKE LASER

Well today is the day finally.. I have not been able to get the darn thing aligned myself (as I mentioned Im pretty mechanically inclined) and oddly enough the friend who I have who has been working on lasers for a living for the last 15+ years ran into the same problems and was not able to get it aligned either... So he is coming back tonight with an arsenal of tools made specifically for aligning lasers and what not and we shall see... So far I have to say that I probably wouldn't order another laser form G.Weiki which sucks for them since I have enough work backed up at this point to pay for the laser I have from them and buy a few more.. I guess its back to the search for a good laser..

Wish us luck!

Bruce Dorworth
08-05-2012, 9:06 PM
Gee Phil I am sorry to hear that. I bought my laser just a little bit before you and it aligned perfect. As a matter of fact Like Lucy said it came in almost perfectly aligned. This is my second laser from two different cpmpanies and this one is so much better than the other one I had.

I wish you luck, but I think I wuld let Lucy help you if it was me.

Bruce

Phil Horne
08-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks Bruce,

I think we are almost there now... I dont think we can get the alignment exact though.. This has been a very frustrating experience to say the least. To be honest I dont see how they could have aligned it correctly at the factory, not with how far off some of the stuff is...

Phil

Phil Horne
01-07-2013, 10:44 PM
So I finally have the laser up and running.... I think that the main problem was that the frame got slightly tweaked in shipping which made it very difficult to level the unit.

Thanks everyone for your input!