PDA

View Full Version : Lowe's Discount to Veteran's

Tom Winship
06-20-2012, 8:55 AM
I was surprised to learn recently that Lowe's offers a 10% discount on all purchases for military service veterans. Even talked to an individual who said when he found out he took old receipts down and they made refunds on those purchases (this I would have to see).

Just need to show them your DD214 form and all is well.

(I have no affiliation with Lowe's and don't even like to shop there, but this makes it more inviting.)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-20-2012, 8:59 AM
Our local Home Depot does the same thing BTW. In fact, I was helping my oldest son rework a bathroom 2 weeks ago and the lady at the checkout counter looked at me and asked if I was a veteran. When I responded affirmatively, she said she was giving me a 10% discount and to bring a copy of my DD-214 the next time I came into the store. We were purchasing nearly $400 ( new toilet, faucets, etc.) so it was appreciated!

Tom Winship
06-20-2012, 9:15 AM
Ken, I guess these check out ladies look at us older guys and think, he has to have been in WWI. LOL

Steve Meliza
06-20-2012, 9:25 AM
About 6-8 months ago I called my local Home Depot and confirmed that they did offer a 10% discount for veterans, all that was needed was a copy of my DD-214. What followed was an enjoyable but brief period of discounts before being told at the register about 2 months ago that a DD-214 was no good any more and I needed some sort of veteran's ID card. When I got home I called the store and they claimed it was a new rule at all locations, but I've not looked into that and don't know where to get a veteran's ID card except those issued by the VA for people needing medical care. I'm going to have to see if my local Lowe's will take my DD-214.

John Pratt
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
The Lowes and Home Depot here both offer the 10% discount to veterans. I can see where those who served but did not retire might have a little more trouble than those like myself that have a retiree ID card. Not that many people walk around with their DD214.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-20-2012, 7:08 PM
Ken, I guess these check out ladies look at us older guys and think, he has to have been in WWI. LOL

I resemble that remark! LOL!

Von Bickley
06-20-2012, 8:42 PM
I use my ID card from the VA and get 10% off at Lowes, Home Depot, and Harbor Freight. I wish I would have known about it when we were building our house.

One of my local hardware stores also gives a military discount. When in doubt, just ask........