PDA

View Full Version : where to find parts for older delta jointer?

Paul Raymond
06-20-2012, 8:27 AM
I have an delta/rockwell 37-220 jointer. works great but the spring that closes the blade cover is worn out. (#18 on the parts diagram). anyone have any ideas where to fine it? 2 different online parts shops both list the part as unavailable...any ideas? i may buy a new spring of similar size and modify it to work. not sure what else to do.

thanks, pr

Bill Rogers
06-20-2012, 9:10 AM
I bought a similar spring at Ace Hardware.

Paul Raymond
06-20-2012, 8:16 PM
i did some looking on ebay and came across a company that is reverse engineering old delta parts. I emailed them and hope that they can get a torsion spring out to me. well see...

Ken Fitzgerald
06-20-2012, 8:21 PM
Paul....you might try posting this at the OWWM forum. That forum specializes in Old Wood Working Machines and some of their members might know of a place to order a direct replacement.

Paul Raymond
07-15-2012, 7:45 PM
The company is called Renovo. One of their guys emailed me back and said they have the spring but it is $$$. I may have to lay out the money for it if I can't find it another way. Does anyone have any experience with ordering a custom spring? I also found companies that seem able to manufacture a spring to any specs. Thanks.

Myk Rian
07-15-2012, 8:24 PM
Paul;
Are you not reading the replies? Maybe just a bit hard headed?
ACE hardware and owwm.org

Paul Raymond
07-15-2012, 8:28 PM
yes, hard headed.