PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Speedy Water Bottle Fixture

Steve Kesler
06-19-2012, 9:33 PM
Hello - new member from Ohio! Wanted to share a quick fixture I made on my lathe to speed up water bottle engraving on my Trotec Speedy 300.. Before it was taking a couple minutes per bottle to get everything lined up on the conical mount.. Removed the one cone and turned a fixture/jig to match the bottle threads on one end and the rotary attachment threads on the other.. Whole lot faster now, just spin the bottle on/off..

Art Anderson
06-20-2012, 2:17 AM
Hey, that's cheating! You're supposed to suffer through every job! Actually, its a brilliant idea. Maybe a secondary income source: turn several fixtures and offer them for sale! Nice job...

Art Anderson

ray hampton
06-20-2012, 2:53 AM
did you get a patent on this device ? I hope so

Mike Null
06-20-2012, 7:04 AM
Steve

Great idea and nice work.

Glad to have you join us.

Let us know where you live in the Buckeye state and the equipment you have.

Steve Busey
06-20-2012, 8:32 AM
Whole lot faster now, just spin the bottle on/off..

Wow, more productive AND you get to play spin-the-bottle at the same time! :rolleyes:

Great idea!

Steve Kesler
06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks! It's great because I can now have my kids easily load bottles and push the button instead of worrying if they lined things up correctly. Good idea on making a couple extras and selling them. I will post in the classified section.

I'm 30 miles North of Cincinnati. I'm a tool junkie.. Have gotten into CNC machining and engraving. Have a Tormach PCNC 1100 Mill, Haas TL-2 CNC Lathe, and 2cf vibratory finishing bowl. Glad to help anybody that might need something machined out. I've been powder coating a lot of stuff and then laser engraving. Also some Thermark on chrome bike stuff too which has really worked well once I got through the learning curve.

Steve Kesler
06-20-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't have permission to create a post in the classified section so if anybody would like one of the bottle fixtures just send me a PM.. Thanks

Jerrimy Snook
06-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Steve, donate to Sawmill Creek and you will have full access to the forum including the Classifieds. Come on in the water is fine and nowhere else will $6 get you so much!

Steve Kesler
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a good investment! I'm in and just hit "send" on paypal.. :>

ray hampton
06-20-2012, 4:31 PM
[QUOTE=Steve Kesler;1944341]T
I'm 30 miles North of Cincinnati. I'm a tool junkie..

there are a number of creeks members between Pork Town and Dayton