PDA

View Full Version : Turned wooden lamp plans

Warren Humphries
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Hello
Does any one know a good site that I can go to to get plans for wooden lamps.. Like to look at some differant designs before I start. would like to find some plans that require laminating differant types of wood that create patterns as you turn with differant depths.

Any help would be appricated

Thanks

Warren

Jim Underwood
06-19-2012, 7:06 PM
You might post this over on the turning forum and get more responses... just a thought.

Warren Humphries
06-20-2012, 9:20 AM
Thanks Jim .. New to this site have a hard time getting around it.. Know where I need to go.

Thanks

Warren

Mike Svoma
06-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Hello
Does any one know a good site that I can go to to get plans for wooden lamps.. Like to look at some differant designs before I start. would like to find some plans that require laminating differant types of wood that create patterns as you turn with differant depths.

Any help would be appricated

Thanks

Warren

Warren,

I have turned a number of lamps in the last 8-10 years. I really don't use anything for plans, just whatever the wood tells me. I know pretty corny, but that's what happens. You are only limited by your imagination. Have fun.

I have done laminations, solid blocks, and inside-out turnings. Here are a few pictures.

Warren Humphries
06-22-2012, 3:40 PM
Very Nice Mike, Thank you for your reply.

Roy Turbett
07-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Check out this textbook that was first published in 1919 and was in continuous print until at least 1947. It has plans for a number of lathe projects including some lamps.

http://archive.org/details/courseinwoodturn00milt