PDA

View Full Version : Lot of new Introductions lately?

Dennis McDonaugh
04-04-2005, 9:46 PM
Anybody else notice the number of new members increasing lately? There are four introudctions on the board right now and seems like we get 1 or 2 every day. Nice to see the board growing.

Corey Hallagan
04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Word travels fast. This is the premier wood working forum in my opinion. No flames and lots of good and knowledgeable craftsman to learn from. I know I am glad I found the Creek!

Corey

Ken Kimbrell
04-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Word travels fast. This is the premier wood working forum in my opinion. No flames and lots of good and knowledgeable craftsman to learn from. I know I am glad I found the Creek!

Corey

"No flames and lots of good and knowledgeable craftsman to learn from."

Thats why I'm here! :D

JOSEPH GOVEA
04-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi Ken, I would have to say that this is a great forum w/great people. I'm glad to be a part of it!:)

Keith Christopher
04-05-2005, 12:20 AM
The lack of ego's here is truly appealing to me. The knowledge of the whole helps the one. and I love that too. I love seeing all the productions here, the finished products and the ability to gloat without condemnation. This is a place with wonderfully talented people who mix serious advice and punchy comic relief. I read only ONE wood working forum, this one. I only hope as we grow we don't lose these things, that would be a dern shame.

Mark Singer
04-05-2005, 12:26 AM
What goes on here is stupendous.....we work with wood and make things on top of it.....a small vase...nah, that isn't what I wanted to say...Nice Guys....we got 'em.....by the bushel....

John Miliunas
04-05-2005, 7:58 AM
The lack of ego's here is truly appealing to me. The knowledge of the whole helps the one. and I love that too. I love seeing all the productions here, the finished products and the ability to gloat without condemnation. This is a place with wonderfully talented people who mix serious advice and punchy comic relief. I read only ONE wood working forum, this one. I only hope as we grow we don't lose these things, that would be a dern shame.

Keith, you said it all in a nutshell! There are folks here from every walk of life, including those in professions having won awards, works published and even WW's making a living at it. They allow us to celebrate their accomplishments with them and are always willing to share their expertise with us. It just don't get much better.:) I wouldn't worry too much about "losing these things". Way too many classy people here to allow that to happen!:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
04-05-2005, 8:38 AM
As Everyone else has said, everyone is on an equal footing here! It is a great place! Seems that the people with the ego's like to frequent the "other" forums where they all hang out. That is just fine by me! I like it this way :)

Ken Shoemaker
04-05-2005, 8:58 AM
I am in the process of setting up my shop. I have never made a thing yet. (pictures are coming as soon as I get something to show).

The greatness of this forum is that all of you can inspire the likes of me with your vast knowlege and willingness to share it. That is why "The Creek" will live long and prosper.

Thank you..... Ken

Jim Becker
04-05-2005, 9:33 AM
Every forum has it's own personality and appeal. SMC is no different...well, it is different, because it's more of a community than most other forums I've visited over the years. That's it biggest appeal. Folks work together and to date, the "self moderation" has worked wonderfully. We are of many backgrounds, faiths, political persuasions, genders, economic situations and geographical locations (even hair styles... ;) ), yet we share a common goal...enjoyment of woodworking and helping others with the same. Works for me!

Bernie Weishapl
04-05-2005, 9:34 AM
I agree with all. We have a lot of good people on here. I have found it doesn't make any difference if you are a novice or a professional all are treated the same. I for one am glad I found creek being a novice because I have found in my short time that I have learned a lot. I do a lot of searches and reading. It is not like two other forums I was on when you ask a question most times it was "duh, you didn't know that or flame you big time".

It is nice to have a place you don't have to be afraid to ask and always get answers from decent, knowledgeable craftsman.

Bernie