PDA

View Full Version : A Midwest CEO's adventure in China

Martin Boekers
06-17-2012, 9:52 PM
Here is a link to an interesting story, not sure all the details, but read it for yourself.
I didn't realize that if there was a discrepancy about payments for product in another
country that they can confiscate your passport and basically hold you hostage.

Evidently the last thing you really should do would be to travel to a country you owe money to! :0

www.stltoday.com/business/local/stranded-in-china-debt-dispute-leaves-missouri-businessman-in-limbo/article_ad02e834-b71b-11e1-9b6a-0019bb30f31a.html (http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/stranded-in-china-debt-dispute-leaves-missouri-businessman-in-limbo/article_ad02e834-b71b-11e1-9b6a-0019bb30f31a.html)

Opps.... I tried to edit the thread title and couldn't Should be CEO..

Ken Fitzgerald
06-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Martin....You can edit thread titles or any post you make for 24 hours after you make them. For example....go to your post where you want to change the title......select "Edit"....then near the bottom right hand corner of the edit page select "Go Advanced" ....in Advanced Edit you have access to and can edit a title.

That is how I just edited it for you.

Greg Peterson
06-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Not enough info to form an opinion. Something isn't right, but hard to say who is at fault. Regardless, being stuck in a foreign country under these circumstances would be challenging.